Kids and VW's...

Old November 13th 12, 04:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Allanw

Default Kids and VW's...

Groan...

I have 2 little boys: Solomon, 2.5 years and Van, 3 months.

Obviously, Van is pretty easy going on the cars, but Solomon has been known
to wreak a bit of havoc.... usually just easy things, like "helping" fix the
car by putting bolts thought the holes in the wheels, or inside the radiator
air intake in the wifes car etc.

On Saturday, he decided he would wash my Beetle for me.

My wife heard hissing noises and asked him what he was doing...

"I'm washing the car Mumma!"

"STOP!"

He was washing my 72 1200...

with...

an aerosol can of smooth silver hammerite! ARGH!

Luckily he started on the bumpers, so it was mostly restricted to the front
bumper, brand new H4 headlights and the painted area surrounding them. It
all seemed to clean up OK with thinners, but I'm too scared to look up
close.

I'm thankfull the wire brush was on a high shelf though!

Allan

Old November 13th 12, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

On 11/12/2012 10:55 PM, Allanw wrote:
> Groan...
>
> I have 2 little boys: Solomon, 2.5 years and Van, 3 months.
>
> Obviously, Van is pretty easy going on the cars, but Solomon has been known
> to wreak a bit of havoc.... usually just easy things, like "helping" fix the
> car by putting bolts thought the holes in the wheels, or inside the radiator
> air intake in the wifes car etc.
>
> On Saturday, he decided he would wash my Beetle for me.
>
> My wife heard hissing noises and asked him what he was doing...
>
> "I'm washing the car Mumma!"
>
> "STOP!"
>
> He was washing my 72 1200...
>

> with...
>

> an aerosol can of smooth silver hammerite! ARGH!
>
> Luckily he started on the bumpers, so it was mostly restricted to the front
> bumper, brand new H4 headlights and the painted area surrounding them. It
> all seemed to clean up OK with thinners, but I'm too scared to look up
> close.
>
> I'm thankfull the wire brush was on a high shelf though!
>
> Allan

LOL

I haven't had anything too horrible happen, knock on wood.... I keep
most potentially harmful things out of their reach
Old November 15th 12, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Allanw

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message

> I haven't had anything too horrible happen, knock on wood.... I keep most
> potentially harmful things out of their reach

I normally try...

The garage isn't really tidy right now... I just added 6 shelf sets, 2100mm
high and 1300mm wide (7x4 feet?) and much of the stuff is on them. I can
currently only get 2 cars in there, where I used to squeeze 4 in - although
they were a Suzuki Cappuccino, a Daihatsu Max 360, a Suzuki Wagon R 1.0
Turbo and a Subaru Impreza. I can now only fit the Beetle and the Mrs 5
series - painting that would have been WAY harder to clean!

Normally the garage is locked, but it was left open and the paint was the
first thing he found! I'm a bit more careful now!

Allan.