FS: 2006 True Red MX-5 Miata Sport - East Tennessee USA

Old September 21st 12, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

Default FS: 2006 True Red MX-5 Miata Sport - East Tennessee USA

I realize that this isn't meant as a For Sale forum but, given that nobody
seems to post anything at all here I don't see how it can hurt. Financial
realities have convinced me to sell off my lovely little Miata. After being
a Miata owner since 1991 that is going to be difficult but needs must.

The car can be considered low-mileage at around 54K, has been serviced
regularly and has _always_ been garaged. Continental tires are fairly new
having been installed this spring and having undergone one cross-country
drive and not much else. Sound system is the optional 6-CD changer. The
only other options are the body-color splash guards and the cargo net bag
in the trunk/boot. The car is newly detailed and is as pretty as anything
you'll find.

Asking $14k. If you are seriously interested you will find me at:

Old September 22nd 12, 09:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

John McGaw > wrote:

> Financial realities have convinced me to sell off my lovely little
> Miata.

Financial realities suck!

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old September 23rd 12, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

On 9/22/2012 4:08 PM, XS11E wrote:
> John McGaw > wrote:
>
>> Financial realities have convinced me to sell off my lovely little
>> Miata.

> Financial realities suck!

Tell me about it. I never did like reality...
Old September 23rd 12, 02:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

John McGaw > wrote:

> On 9/22/2012 4:08 PM, XS11E wrote:
>> John McGaw > wrote:
>>
>>> Financial realities have convinced me to sell off my lovely little
>>> Miata.

>> Financial realities suck!
>>

> Tell me about it. I never did like reality...

Physical Reality sucks worse than financial reality. My arthritis has
forced me to give up almost every thing I enjoyed doing and find
something else to replace it. When I was no longer able to ride a
motorcycle I got my Miata and have enjoyed it for years but now it has
to go as I find the clutch is more than I can manage....

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old September 23rd 12, 03:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

XS11E > wrote:

> Physical Reality sucks worse than financial reality. My arthritis
> has forced me to give up almost every thing I enjoyed doing and
> find something else to replace it. When I was no longer able to
> ride a motorcycle I got my Miata and have enjoyed it for years but
> now it has to go as I find the clutch is more than I can
> manage....

Fortunately, I have found a cute little sporty convertible with an
automatic transmission:

http://www.bentleymotors.com/models/...t_convertible/

and here comes that financial reality...... <sigh>

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old September 23rd 12, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
charlie

Now if I could get an auto loan at the interest rate the banks are paying.

Naturally, though, the annual state taxes on personal property
would be eating me alive, not to mention insurance!

The Bentley web site has a 39 that looked interesting.
Wonder why only one of the dual coils was connected?
It also looks like the gear shift and the emergency brake are in an
awkward location.

Old October 15th 12, 11:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

John, I hate to hear this! Reality should NOT suck this bad! I guess you
have exhausted all possibilities? Sh_t! Maybe you can find an inexpensive
1st or 2nd gen that will keep you entertained w/o as much expense?!

Chris
99BBB

Old October 15th 12, 11:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

I know that most of us act offended when we hear of an automatic Miata but
hey, nobody would / should do such a thing when there is a physical
necessity involved AND, I have always heard good things about the Miata's
automatic in comparison to the average slushbox. Have you test driven the
automatics? 1st gen? 2nd gen? 3rd gen with the paddle shifter is supposed
to be quite good however, was it you that had an issue with the cupholder
location? IIRC, at least in the first and second gen cars, it even reduced
the resale vale when a car had an automatic! You might actually BENEFIT from
all of us manual tranny snobs! ;-)

Good luck!
Chris
99BBB

Old October 16th 12, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> I know that most of us act offended when we hear of an automatic
> Miata but hey, nobody would / should do such a thing when there is
> a physical necessity involved AND, I have always heard good things
> about the Miata's automatic in comparison to the average slushbox.
> Have you test driven the automatics? 1st gen? 2nd gen? 3rd gen
> with the paddle shifter is supposed to be quite good however, was
> it you that had an issue with the cupholder location?

That and other things, the car just did NOT fit me at all, much as I
wanted to like it. The painful cup holder is now replaced with the
hideous snout on the front. <sigh>

> IIRC, at least in the first and second gen cars, it even reduced
> the resale vale when a car had an automatic! You might actually
> BENEFIT from all of us manual tranny snobs! ;-)

Possible but I'm really not looking, I can live w/o the Miata if I
must. I've been driving it a fair amount lately and I seem to be doing
fairly well with it so I haven't advertised it yet.....

The Usenet Improvement Project: