used 2001 miata for sale by dealer - worth looking at.

Old July 5th 11, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
barry

Default used 2001 miata for sale by dealer - worth looking at.

i had a 90 from 97 - 07 when it get totalled. replaced it with a 94
which got totalled last month.(both cases not my fault, BTW) looking
for a replacement 94-97 (i bought back the 94 expecting to swap over
the stereo, sway bars, etc.) which has proved more challenging than
expected when i saw this car listed:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ctd/2478259330.html

165k miles 6-speed less than $4K. too good to be true from a dealer?

feedback requested please.

thanks.

barry
Old July 6th 11, 01:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

barry > wrote:

> i had a 90 from 97 - 07 when it get totalled. replaced it with a 94
> which got totalled last month.(both cases not my fault, BTW) looking
> for a replacement 94-97 (i bought back the 94 expecting to swap over
> the stereo, sway bars, etc.) which has proved more challenging than
> expected when i saw this car listed:
>
> http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ctd/2478259330.html
>
> 165k miles 6-speed less than $4K. too good to be true from a dealer?
>
> feedback requested please.

I doubt it's a real dealer, looks like one of those Craig's List crooks
that rent driveway space and place cars all over town and then spam
Craig's List with 'em. If anything goes wrong such as (typically)
never getting the title you'll never find the guy again!

But I always wanted one of those 7 speed Miatas, if it had a HUG TAK
I'd be sold!

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old July 6th 11, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

On 7/5/2011 5:09 PM, barry wrote:
> i had a 90 from 97 - 07 when it get totalled. replaced it with a 94
> which got totalled last month.(both cases not my fault, BTW) looking
> for a replacement 94-97 (i bought back the 94 expecting to swap over
> the stereo, sway bars, etc.) which has proved more challenging than
> expected when i saw this car listed:
>
> http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ctd/2478259330.html
>
> 165k miles 6-speed less than $4K. too good to be true from a dealer?
>
> feedback requested please.
>
> thanks.
>
> barry

looks like it is being sold by a 'curbstoner'... google the phone number
and you will see the person advertises many cars. so be careful as
sellers like this are quite often deal in cars that even used car
dealers would not touch, and that are commonly cars that have been
totaled and rebuilt and then registered in multiple states in an effort
to hid some of the car history from the title... be sure to look closely
at the carfax.
ps. another clue to the potential shaddyness of this listing is the "7
speed stick shift". the seller might as well said it was an 8 speed
stick
Old July 16th 11, 08:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
emo 46

On Jul 6, 11:22*pm, Christopher Muto > wrote:
> On 7/5/2011 5:09 PM, barry wrote:
>
> > i had a 90 from 97 - 07 when it get totalled. replaced it with a 94
> > which got totalled last month.(both cases not my fault, BTW) looking
> > for a replacement 94-97 (i bought back the 94 expecting to swap over
> > the stereo, sway bars, etc.) which has proved more challenging than
> > expected when i saw this car listed:

> >http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ctd/2478259330.html

> > 165k miles 6-speed less than $4K. too good to be true from a dealer?

> > feedback requested please.

> > thanks.

> > barry

> looks like it is being sold by a 'curbstoner'... google the phone number
> and you will see the person advertises manycars. *so be careful as
> sellers like this are quite often deal incarsthat evenusedcar
> dealers would not touch, and that are commonlycarsthat have been
> totaled and rebuilt and then registered in multiple states in an effort
> to hid some of the car history from the title... be sure to look closely
> at the carfax.
> ps. another clue to the potential shaddyness of this listing is the "7
> speed stick shift". *the seller might as well said it was an 8 speed
> stick

Nashville used Cars is the most common and most used mode of
transportation throughout the world and according to the survey it was
seen that most of the homes had two or more cars, according to the
number of the working people

http://www.tombannen.com/page/custom..._Cars_For_Sale
Old July 16th 11, 08:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
emo 46