1966 lincoln continential

Old July 26th 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.antique

Default 1966 lincoln continential

How do I remove the power window motor from the drivers side door?
Old July 27th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Stude

On Jul 26, 6:38*am, wrote:
> How do I remove the power window motor from the drivers side door?

Check libraries, book stores, auto museums, trade schools and so on
for a shop manual.Be willing tro ay or make a donation in exchange for
copies of the needed pages.

(Check first to see if there is a Lincoln club)
Old July 28th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny[_2_]

Check ebay. There are always shop manuals for sale for every car
imaginable.
Also check Crank N Hope publications. They publish reprints of antique
car manuals, etc.

Crank n,Hope Publications
461 Sloan Alley
Blairsville, PA. 15717
412-459-8853
Old July 28th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny[_2_]

On Jul 28, 11:16 am, Otto Skorzeny > wrote:
> Check ebay. There are always shop manuals for sale for every car
> imaginable.
> Also check Crank N Hope publications. They publish reprints of antique
> car manuals, etc.
>
> Crank n,Hope Publications
> 461 Sloan Alley
> Blairsville, PA. 15717
> 412-459-8853

Sorry, new area code and address:

382 Sloan Aly, Blairsville, PA 15717-1481, United States (Map)

Phone: (724) 459-8853
Old December 25th 10, 08:15 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
donnyw1967

> GUEST wrote:
> How do I remove the power window motor from the drivers side

door?

If I recall those may be riveted in place, if so you
would need to drill out the old rivets, Have you tried swapping out
the switch? I know that was a major issue on an old lincoln I owned
when I was a kid.

Old April 21st 20, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Iyak69

> > > you remove the entire window regulator and motor in one piece.

Four bolts hold the regulator to the door. The rollers need to be
removed from the regulator that hook to the bottom of the window. The
window guides have to be removed so the glass can be raised out of the
door and then you will have to manipulate the regulator assembly out
through the opening in the door. Once assembly is removed there are
two or three bolts holding the motor to the regulator. Remove them and
be very careful as there is a heavy spring in the regulator that will
snap the regulator like a guillotine and could easily chop your
fingers off. Stay clear. Make sure you secure the regulator so it can
not move while removing the motor. Best of luck, they are quite a job
to change out.

> > > On Jul 26, 6:38*am, wrote:
> > > How do I remove the power window motor from the drivers side

door?

> > Check libraries, book stores, auto museums, trade schools and so

on
> > for a shop manual.Be willing tro ay or make a donation in

exchange for
> > copies of the needed pages.
> >
> > (Check first to see if there is a Lincoln club)

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...92117#15192117