Possible not be able to get reverse to 'lock up' if EGR is unpluggedor bad? Jimmy 4x4

Old November 20th 08, 08:35 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Andrew

Default Possible not be able to get reverse to 'lock up' if EGR is unpluggedor bad? Jimmy 4x4

Hi there,

I have a sticking EGR on a 95 Jimmy 4x4 and I haven't been able to make the time to re/re it yet. The new one will be put in shortly. I am curious though about driving with an electronic transmission
with the EGR unplugged for an extended timeframe. The vehicle has been driving fine with the EGR unplugged (this EGR is fully electronic with no hoses) for about a week or so. Today the truck started to rev high
as it would if an EGR were stuck open. After some isolated high revs both in gear and in neutral, putting the truck in reverse wasn't consistent. It would act as though it was in neutral when put in reverse. After cycling
the ignition once or twice, reverse would then engage once in awhile. There is a CEL but I haven't scanned it yet as I just took it off a flatbed in my driveway mere minutes ago.

Thanks,
Andrew.

btw... the transmission is less than a year old and it was built like a tank (I was going to build this truck to support 1000hp so I built the transmission accordingly). The truck isn't abused and usually shifts to firmly
that it snaps your head a little unless getting off the gas a little (LT1 servo with a shift kit installed). My question is whether or not the EGR issue could affect the system from shifting into reverse....??

Thanks,
Andrew.

Old November 22nd 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Andrew

Trannie is now on the bench. Stay tuned for the damages.... I am hoping maybe it's a tired input shaft or stator on the TC. I hope like hell nothing shattered and screwed up everything else.....

Yikes.

no reverse peterjb44 Chrysler 3 October 12th 07 07:18 PM
Reverse Gumby Ford Mustang 4 May 24th 06 02:04 AM
Help!! No reverse Steve Roberts VW air cooled 3 April 9th 06 04:48 PM
99 civic ex coupe lock problem; can't lock the driver side door. [email protected] Honda 1 January 20th 06 09:55 PM
remote hood lock / battery lock John Technology 1 May 14th 05 04:36 PM