Poor hot starting

Old January 23rd 07, 05:35 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
auldyin

Default Poor hot starting

I have a 1990 Audi 90 2.2, which starts first time from cold. Once it has
been running for about 10 mins it will not start again requiring about 35
seconds cranking before it fires up. It also runs "lumpy" at low revs when
driven. Tick over is normal as is accelaration. Any suggestions please
(injector cooling fan is okay).

Old January 23rd 07, 08:27 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyJ

auldyin wrote:
> I have a 1990 Audi 90 2.2, which starts first time from cold. Once it has
> been running for about 10 mins it will not start again requiring about 35
> seconds cranking before it fires up. It also runs "lumpy" at low revs when
> driven. Tick over is normal as is accelaration. Any suggestions please
> (injector cooling fan is okay).

injectors are dirty / leaking. Try some Techron injector cleaner.

Also suspect the engine temperature sensor.
Old February 6th 07, 08:48 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Martin Krumpholz

> I have a 1990 Audi 90 2.2, which starts first time from cold. Once it has
> been running for about 10 mins it will not start again requiring about 35
> seconds cranking before it fires up. It also runs "lumpy" at low revs when
> driven. Tick over is normal as is accelaration. Any suggestions please
> (injector cooling fan is okay).

Hello

Does the engine often stall, when it runs in idle rpm?
I guess your car has an vacuum leakage in the intake system.

Regards

Martin
Old February 7th 07, 12:06 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Robert[_5_]

Martin Krumpholz wrote:
>> I have a 1990 Audi 90 2.2, which starts first time from cold. Once it
>> has
>> been running for about 10 mins it will not start again requiring about 35
>> seconds cranking before it fires up. It also runs "lumpy" at low revs
>> when
>> driven. Tick over is normal as is accelaration. Any suggestions please
>> (injector cooling fan is okay).

> Hello
>
> Does the engine often stall, when it runs in idle rpm?
> I guess your car has an vacuum leakage in the intake system.
>
> Regards
>
> Martin

I have managed to fix a similar problem in a 2001 A4 Avant (8D), but it
had to do with a temperature sensor malfunctioning, causing the engine
to flood when starting hot. See thread about this, that I started on 20
January.

YMMV since your car is a very different one to mine. /Robert

Old February 19th 07, 06:28 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Audrey[_2_]

Had exact problem with my Audi A4 1.8.
Was indeed the temperature sensor - thanku,problem now
solved...slightly lumpy still tho...hmmm!Cant part a girl from her
Audi!!

"Robert" wrote:
> Martin Krumpholz wrote:
> >> I have a 1990 Audi 90 2.2, which starts first time from

> cold. Once it
> >> has
> >> been running for about 10 mins it will not start again

> requiring about 35
> >> seconds cranking before it fires up. It also runs "lumpy"

> at low revs
> >> when
> >> driven. Tick over is normal as is accelaration. Any

> suggestions please
> >> (injector cooling fan is okay).

> > Hello
> >
> > Does the engine often stall, when it runs in idle rpm?
> > I guess your car has an vacuum leakage in the intake system.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Martin

> I have managed to fix a similar problem in a 2001 A4 Avant
> (8D), but it
> had to do with a temperature sensor malfunctioning, causing
> the engine
> to flood when starting hot. See thread about this, that I
> started on 20
> January.
>
> YMMV since your car is a very different one to mine. /Robert

Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Poor-hot-s...ict204341.html