2000 A4 Airbag Light

Old January 18th 07, 12:51 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
1.8 Junkie

Default 2000 A4 Airbag Light

Does anyone know if it's normal for the airbag light to come on only
when there's a passenger in the rear? I have front and rear side
curtain airbags and thought maybe something was being disabled due to
an occupancy sensor.

Thanks

Brad

Old January 18th 07, 01:39 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Ronald

"1.8 Junkie" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Does anyone know if it's normal for the airbag light to come on only
> when there's a passenger in the rear? I have front and rear side
> curtain airbags and thought maybe something was being disabled due to
> an occupancy sensor.
>
> Thanks
>
> Brad

The unit is under the left backseat on mine (other model).
I had problems like that when the seat was put in without taking care of the
wiring.

Ronald

Old January 18th 07, 04:51 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

Ronald wrote:
> "1.8 Junkie" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > Does anyone know if it's normal for the airbag light to come on only
> > when there's a passenger in the rear? I have front and rear side
> > curtain airbags and thought maybe something was being disabled due to
> > an occupancy sensor.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Brad
> >

> The unit is under the left backseat on mine (other model).
> I had problems like that when the seat was put in without taking care of the
> wiring.

Yep, I had to have the seatbelt until (which apparently has the sensor
in it) replaced under warranty a while back. On my car, it was the
passenger's side rear (LHD).

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old January 18th 07, 06:56 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
1.8 Junkie

Dano58 wrote:
> Ronald wrote:
> > "1.8 Junkie" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> > > Does anyone know if it's normal for the airbag light to come on only
> > > when there's a passenger in the rear? I have front and rear side
> > > curtain airbags and thought maybe something was being disabled due to
> > > an occupancy sensor.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Brad
> > >

> > The unit is under the left backseat on mine (other model).
> > I had problems like that when the seat was put in without taking care of the
> > wiring.

> Yep, I had to have the seatbelt until (which apparently has the sensor
> in it) replaced under warranty a while back. On my car, it was the
> passenger's side rear (LHD).
>
> Dan D
> '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
> Central NJ USA

So are you saying the light should come on when a rear passenger
buckles there seatbelt?

Old January 18th 07, 08:28 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

> So are you saying the light should come on when a rear passenger
> buckles there seatbelt?

No, it should NOT come on. It WAS coming on and staying on (sometimes
blinking) prior to having the seatbelt unit replaced.

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old January 18th 07, 09:11 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
1.8 Junkie

On Jan 18, 3:28 pm, "Dano58" > wrote:
> > So are you saying the light should come on when a rear passenger
> > buckles there seatbelt?No, it should NOT come on. It WAS coming on and staying on (sometimes

> blinking) prior to having the seatbelt unit replaced.
>
> Dan D
> '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
> Central NJ USA

Got it, thanks.

Do you happen to know if while that light's on, an airbag won't deploy?

Old January 19th 07, 11:08 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Frank

1.8 Junkie knastet inn: :

> On Jan 18, 3:28 pm, "Dano58" > wrote:
>>> So are you saying the light should come on when a rear passenger
>>> buckles there seatbelt?No, it should NOT come on. It WAS coming on and staying on (sometimes

>> blinking) prior to having the seatbelt unit replaced.
>>
>> Dan D
>> '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
>> Central NJ USA

> Got it, thanks.
>
> Do you happen to know if while that light's on, an airbag won't deploy?

The whole control unit should be deactivated, as the system report
some failure. Too bad, if one airbag blew out by mistake ;-)
Old January 19th 07, 03:59 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

1.8 Junkie wrote:
> On Jan 18, 3:28 pm, "Dano58" > wrote:
> > > So are you saying the light should come on when a rear passenger
> > > buckles there seatbelt?No, it should NOT come on. It WAS coming on and staying on (sometimes

> > blinking) prior to having the seatbelt unit replaced.
> >
> > Dan D
> > '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
> > Central NJ USA

> Got it, thanks.
>
> Do you happen to know if while that light's on, an airbag won't deploy?

Well, that's a good question, the owner's manual doesn't specifically
say what would or would not happen with the light on. I'm not sure if
the side curtain airbags are one big unit that covers both front and
rear windows, or are 2 separate units, one for the front window and one
for the rear.

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old January 19th 07, 06:54 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Ronald

"Dano58" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> 1.8 Junkie wrote:
>> > blinking) prior to having the seatbelt unit replaced.
>> >
>> > Dan D
>> > '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
>> > Central NJ USA

>> Got it, thanks.
>>
>> Do you happen to know if while that light's on, an airbag won't deploy?

> Well, that's a good question, the owner's manual doesn't specifically
> say what would or would not happen with the light on. I'm not sure if
> the side curtain airbags are one big unit that covers both front and
> rear windows, or are 2 separate units, one for the front window and one
> for the rear.
>
> Dan D
> '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
> Central NJ USA

That unit controls them all (also front ones)!

Ronald

Old January 19th 07, 06:54 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
1.8 Junkie

Dano58 wrote:
> 1.8 Junkie wrote:
> > > blinking) prior to having the seatbelt unit replaced.
> > >
> > > Dan D
> > > '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
> > > Central NJ USA

> > Got it, thanks.
> >
> > Do you happen to know if while that light's on, an airbag won't deploy?

> Well, that's a good question, the owner's manual doesn't specifically
> say what would or would not happen with the light on. I'm not sure if
> the side curtain airbags are one big unit that covers both front and
> rear windows, or are 2 separate units, one for the front window and one
> for the rear.
>
> Dan D
> '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
> Central NJ USA

I guess it's just best to fix the problem rather then finding out the
hard way.

Thanks

Brad

Hi/lo beams Ken Weitzel Chrysler 25 September 30th 06 12:25 AM
how to reset airbag warning light Morgan Perry VW water cooled 1 September 3rd 06 02:11 PM
2000 Miata - Check Engine Light Carol Mazda 13 November 13th 05 08:56 PM
Airbag light cancelation? Myrone Bagalay Mazda 18 April 26th 05 02:58 AM
Chevy Venture airbag light - problem solved Katy General 0 February 21st 04 12:29 AM