Tire Pressure for '94 Cobra with tire option 255/45/17

Old May 19th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Tire Pressure for '94 Cobra with tire option 255/45/17

Does anyone have the Ford tire pressure spec for this tire size option on
the '94-'95 Cobra?

Thanks

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
3:73 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

Old May 20th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

The recommended tire pressure will be on the side of the tire.
You may want to run just a few pounds under maximum (I used to run 5 under)
for better traction.

Kate

"Richard" > wrote in message
: Does anyone have the Ford tire pressure spec for this tire size option on
: the '94-'95 Cobra?
:
: Thanks
:
: --
: Richard
:

Old May 21st 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Kate" (please ask)> wrote in message
> The recommended tire pressure will be on the side of the tire.
> You may want to run just a few pounds under maximum (I used to run 5
> under)
> for better traction.

Just remember that it eats the tire more quickly to run it underinflated and
that is decreases fuel efficiency.
--
Scott W.
'68 Ranchero 500 302

Old May 21st 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Kate" (please ask)> wrote in message
> The recommended tire pressure will be on the side of the tire.
> You may want to run just a few pounds under maximum (I used to run 5

under)
> for better traction.

I think not Kate. The sidewall tire pressure is a maximum based on loaded
weight. In this case the sidewall pressure is 51 psi. My guess is the
recommended pressure for car and driver will be between 30 to 32 psi. I was
hoping there was a '94/95 Cobra owner out there that could tell me what
Ford's recommendation is from the label in the glove box..

Richard

Old May 25th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Fri, 19 May 2006 02:29:21 GMT, "Richard" > wrote:

>Does anyone have the Ford tire pressure spec for this tire size option on
>the '94-'95 Cobra?
>
>Thanks

I'd go for 35 psi.
Keep an eye on the thread depth on the inside and outside of the
tires. I always had pretty even wear when using 35 psi.
Old May 26th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Thu, 25 May 2006 05:19:49 GMT, "Richard" > wrote:

>"RT" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 19 May 2006 02:29:21 GMT, "Richard" > wrote:
>>
>> >Does anyone have the Ford tire pressure spec for this tire size option on
>> >the '94-'95 Cobra?
>> >
>> >Thanks

>> I'd go for 35 psi.
>> Keep an eye on the thread depth on the inside and outside of the
>> tires. I always had pretty even wear when using 35 psi.

>I've got the pressure at 32 psi. I read somewhere that a good base starting
>point is the vehicle weight/100 + 2psi. When I get a chance to weigh the car
>I'll try the formula.

32 is probably too low then.
When I first got my GT (non conv, so lighter even) I meticulously kept
it at 30PSI. When the tires needed replacement it was showing wear on
the outsides way more than the middle of the tires. Tire shop told me
to use 35PSI and I have ever since. Got way more miles out of the
tires and even wear. And yes, I did rotate them.

Tire air pressure question tomkanpa Chrysler 7 January 29th 06 05:12 AM
Tire Pressure Monitor Luke Corvette 56 September 3rd 05 10:11 PM
Tire Pressure Monitor Luke Technology 58 September 2nd 05 06:47 AM
New Vette C6; 500hp 427cu in? RichA Ford Mustang 53 January 31st 05 08:34 PM
Tire pressure must be monitored on new models !!! news BMW 2 September 20th 04 10:24 PM