New: Best mod ever for rFactor: Historic Racing

Old June 29th 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rolf Wesemann[_2_]

Default New: Best mod ever for rFactor: Historic Racing

Have a look he

http://historicgt.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=69

and find more information he

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=322524

It's imo the best mod ever.
Rolf

Old June 29th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
0-0-0-0-0

Default Best mod ever for rFactor: Historic Racing

I wish people posting this (as well as rFactorcentral)......

WOULD PLEASE PLEASE let people know that they REQUIRE a GTL DVD to install
this mod.

Why let others download over a 1 GIG of data BEFORE finding out it is not
"exactly" a mod for rFactor.

** NOTE ** If you download historicgt -- YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A GTL DVD in
drive to install this "mod"

See... NOT hard! and would have saved me for one, about an hour worth of
downloading just to delete it.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Old June 29th 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Paulie[_2_]

"Rolf Wesemann" > wrote in message
> Have a look he
>
> http://historicgt.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=69
>
> and find more information he
>
> http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=322524
>
> It's imo the best mod ever.
> Rolf

You don't need the DVD ;-)

say no more.

Old June 30th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
0-0-0-0-0

Where is that information Rolf?

I see this;
Quote from rFcentral

******* FINAL NOTE ********

Due to the use of GTL's 3D models, and the big respect we have for the great
work Simbin did creating that game, a valid GTL DVD is going to be required
to install the mod in rFactor.

endQuote

Old June 30th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo[_5_]

"0-0-0-0-0" > wrote in message
> Where is that information Rolf?
>
> I see this;
> Quote from rFcentral
>
> ******* FINAL NOTE ********
>
> Due to the use of GTL's 3D models, and the big respect we have for the
> great work Simbin did creating that game, a valid GTL DVD is going to be
> required to install the mod in rFactor.
>
> endQuote

They key word here might be "valid", and what possibly the previous poster
spoke of.

Alan

Old June 30th 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Paulie[_2_]

"Rolf Wesemann" > wrote in message
> Have a look he
>
> http://historicgt.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=69
>
> and find more information he
>
> http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=322524
>
> It's imo the best mod ever.
> Rolf

This add on is floating around the torrant sites a lot.

Old June 30th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Coward Robert Ford

"0-0-0-0-0" > wrote in news:mcT9k.42353$Jx.17942@pd7urf1no:

> I wish people posting this (as well as rFactorcentral)......
>
> WOULD PLEASE PLEASE let people know that they REQUIRE a GTL DVD to
> install this mod.
>
> Why let others download over a 1 GIG of data BEFORE finding out it is
> not "exactly" a mod for rFactor.
>
> ** NOTE ** If you download historicgt -- YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A GTL
> DVD in drive to install this "mod"
>
> See... NOT hard! and would have saved me for one, about an hour worth
> of downloading just to delete it.

What makes this mod better than GTL itself then? THere is a nocd crack for
GTL now so don't have to worry about Starforce any more.