Race2Play was: iRacing Who?

Old August 9th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Race2Play was: iRacing Who?

On Aug 9, 7:17 am, Asgeir Nesoen > wrote:

> ...creating an
> environment for good, consistent racing, with courteous racers is
> certainly worth paying for, because this is a rare commodity these days
> in online racing.

It's not that rare. It just depends on where you look

I've talked about Race2Play here before. Not sure how many RAS'rs are
taking advantage of it. You can race with them for free, or subscribe
and get some added benefits.

I hadn't raced with R2P for several months due to other activities.

Last night I jumped in a Race2Play rFactor race using Formula BMW's at
Oran Park. It was awesome! 24 cars in the race driven by guys who
care abour driving well and showing courtesy on the track. Even the
guys at the back of the pack were pretty good. They weren't all that
slow, could actually drive the car, and exhibited some car control.

Link to last night's FBMW race results:
http://www.race2play.com/schedule/show_event/647

Link to Race2Play race schedule:
http://www.race2play.com/sim/front

Pat Dotson
UltraForce Simulators
http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Old August 10th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Steve Blankenship

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Aug 9, 7:17 am, Asgeir Nesoen > wrote:
>>
>> ...creating an
>> environment for good, consistent racing, with courteous racers is
>> certainly worth paying for, because this is a rare commodity these days
>> in online racing.

> It's not that rare. It just depends on where you look
>
> I've talked about Race2Play here before. Not sure how many RAS'rs are
> taking advantage of it. You can race with them for free, or subscribe
> and get some added benefits.
>
> I hadn't raced with R2P for several months due to other activities.
>
> Last night I jumped in a Race2Play rFactor race using Formula BMW's at
> Oran Park. It was awesome! 24 cars in the race driven by guys who
> care abour driving well and showing courtesy on the track. Even the
> guys at the back of the pack were pretty good. They weren't all that
> slow, could actually drive the car, and exhibited some car control.
>
> Link to last night's FBMW race results:
> http://www.race2play.com/schedule/show_event/647
>
> Link to Race2Play race schedule:
> http://www.race2play.com/sim/front
>
> Pat Dotson
> UltraForce Simulators
> http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Just wanted to second this one. I don't race as much as a lot of guys (or
as I used to), but these days 99% of the racing I do is in R2P races. Good
crowd, with some fast guys and good competition throughout solid fields,
plus race stewards enforcing a solid set of rules. For example, you punt
anyone on lap one in a race and you get a drivethrough. Ignore it and poof,
you're gone. As a result of such, there's a total absence of the bozos and
wreckers you run into on open servers. A nice place to race, and at least
for me, the closest atmosphere to the old VROC days I've seen in a long
time. Strictly ISI-based sims, but that's about all there is at the moment
anyway with current content.

SB

iRacing Who? [email protected] Simulators 62 August 10th 07 10:01 PM
iRacing what? _Mitch Simulators 4 August 1st 07 04:27 AM
Race2Play Rocks! [email protected] Simulators 5 February 3rd 07 12:24 AM
NASA and Race2Play Dave F Simulators 11 December 21st 06 06:20 PM
Race2Play Silverstone Event Tonight [email protected] Simulators 3 December 15th 06 10:34 PM