Drug users targeting Saturns

Old July 20th 04, 02:23 PM
C. E. White

No more listening to hardware store guys and Saturn
salesmen. The generic keys runs the car just fine. The shop
manual is not particularly clear, but I am certain Robert is
correct. The keys don't include resistors or chips or
whatever in the case of vehicles with Passlock II security.
Seems like a half ass system to me. I guess it guarantees
the lock cylinder must be turned to start the car, but it
doesn't seem to be nearly as good as systems that depend on
keys with RFID devices or even keys with unique resistor
codes.

Regards,

Ed White

Old July 20th 04, 02:50 PM
Bob Shuman

And don't cost $100 (or more) to make a duplicate key either. I am a
technologist, but I much prefer the traditional key any day.

Bob

Old July 20th 04, 06:24 PM
C. E. White

Bob Shuman wrote:

> And don't cost $100 (or more) to make a duplicate key either. I am a
> technologist, but I much prefer the traditional key any day.
>
> Bob

My last Ford PATS key cost $15 to buy, have cut and
programmed (of course I programmed it myself).

Regards,

Ed White

Old July 21st 04, 02:35 PM
misterfact

"Skid" > wrote in message >...
> http://www.sfexaminer.com/article/in...70904n_saturns

Obviously Saturns are targeted by thieves because Saturn's parts are
constantly breaking down and need to be repleced and there's good
money in SATURN WORKING PARTS (an oxymoron):

Moral of the story: When buying a Saturn- ask them if they would
supply an extra engine, ball joints, tie rods, stab links, muffler
straps, etc. etc at slight extra cost.