what is the dumbest thing u have ever been pulled over for?

Old June 17th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default what is the dumbest thing u have ever been pulled over for?

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> I'm convinced it's more than just the car; it's the way you drive,
> where you drive, and/or how you look that attracts their attention.

Driving with detailed perfection to dot i's and cross t's attracts
attention I've found. For instance, I've had cops zoom up on me and then
slow to stay behind me for blocks as I drove the posted speed limit or
slightly less.

The local PD has become bored of the game and they mostly ignore me
now... every so often I get a new hire that still that.

Old June 17th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Nate Nagel wrote:

>> I'm convinced it's more than just the car; it's the way you drive,
>> where you drive, and/or how you look that attracts their attention.

> I don't get it, I'm still the same guy and I don't drive any
> differently. I am convinced that it has to do with something about the
> car, although I'm not sure what. Nothing else makes sense; I still live
> in about the same area and while I drive on different roads I still
> drive quite a bit, a lot of it in neighborhoods that I don't look like I
> "belong" in (you have to go through the bad part of DC to get from where
> I live to Annapolis)

I'll go with the image a porsche gives.... even if it's old it says you
have enough money to keep it running.

Old June 17th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

>> I'm convinced it's more than just the car; it's the way you drive,
>> where you drive, and/or how you look that attracts their attention.

> Driving with detailed perfection to dot i's and cross t's attracts
> attention I've found. For instance, I've had cops zoom up on me and then
> slow to stay behind me for blocks as I drove the posted speed limit or
> slightly less.

I believe it has a lot more to do with where one drives and the
preferences of local law enforcement rather than the type of driver or
the car they drive.
Old June 18th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Old Wolf

On Jun 15, 5:13 pm, ricer1991 >
wrote:
> Last night i was driving and i got pulled over because the cop said i
> was going 3 miles over the limit of 55.
> well their is my story wheres yours.

Got pulled over for running a red light on my BICYCLE
at 2.30am, with perfect visibility and no other traffic
in sight. The cop had been hiding with its lights off
obviously waiting for just such a thing.

Old June 18th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Old Wolf

On Jun 16, 5:42 am, (Brent P)
wrote:
> You take the train and ride the bus. You're probably not driving between
> 11pm and 3am much, I do so at least twice a week. You're not a vehicluar
> bicyclist. Last time I was pulled over while biking the cop says first
> off, 'I don't like the way you ride your bike, that's not a car'. Then
> he went into how I yelled 'go green light go'.

Is there something illegal about yelling 'green light go' ?
What was his proffered excuse for pulling you over?
(Surely it would be an illegal stop if it were just something
like him 'not liking how you ride').

Old June 18th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article . com>, Old Wolf wrote:
> On Jun 15, 5:13 pm, ricer1991 >
> wrote:
>> Last night i was driving and i got pulled over because the cop said i
>> was going 3 miles over the limit of 55.
>> well their is my story wheres yours.

> Got pulled over for running a red light on my BICYCLE
> at 2.30am, with perfect visibility and no other traffic
> in sight. The cop had been hiding with its lights off
> obviously waiting for just such a thing.

Did you stop? I always stop, even though I can see fine. I wait, then
I'll go after I've determined that the sensor isn't picking up the
bicycle.

Old June 18th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article . com>, Old Wolf wrote:
> On Jun 16, 5:42 am, (Brent P)
> wrote:
>> You take the train and ride the bus. You're probably not driving between
>> 11pm and 3am much, I do so at least twice a week. You're not a vehicluar
>> bicyclist. Last time I was pulled over while biking the cop says first
>> off, 'I don't like the way you ride your bike, that's not a car'. Then
>> he went into how I yelled 'go green light go'.

> Is there something illegal about yelling 'green light go' ?
> What was his proffered excuse for pulling you over?
> (Surely it would be an illegal stop if it were just something
> like him 'not liking how you ride').

No, there isn't anything illegal. The cop threatened to use a catch all
of 'disturbing the peace' however.

I've since purchased and installed a loud bicycle air horn. This is what
I use now instead of yelling 'go' and/or 'green light'. Since the horn is
the more acceptable measure. If I were driving and used the horn, I doubt
there would have been any notice.

Old June 18th 07, 06:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Old Wolf

On Jun 18, 2:51 pm, (Brent P)
wrote:
> > Got pulled over for running a red light on my BICYCLE
> > at 2.30am, with perfect visibility and no other traffic
> > in sight. The cop had been hiding with its lights off
> > obviously waiting for just such a thing.

> Did you stop? I always stop, even though I can see fine. I wait, then
> I'll go after I've determined that the sensor isn't picking up the
> bicycle.

Don't remember the exact details (it was 10+ years
ago now) but I'm certain I would not have gone until
I had ascertained that the road was completely clear
-- if not waited a wee while to see if the light would
change anyway.

Old June 19th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
John B.

During the last snowstorm this season, I got pulled over. While walking!
There was at least a foot on the sidewalks, which hadn't been plowed yet and
the snow was coming down hard. So I walked along the side of the road. No
big deal, I thought - traffic was VERY light. But the cops "stopped" me
anyway. Said he could arrest me for disorderly conduct. For walking in the
road! HUH?!?!? Barely-legal newbie cop says "You're wearing dark clothes.
You could get hit." "Uhm, but everything else around is WHITE. I stick out
like a sore thumb!" You can't even win using logic with the police
sometimes. Meanwhile, another cruiser pulls up.

So, here I am, on the side of the road, standing there with two cruisers,
full lights going, parked behind me. They eventually just let me go with a
verbal warning. ("Use the sidewalk!") I had to laugh as it was so
ABSURD!!!!!! Who the hell gets pulled over WALKING????

A few hours later, on my way home, the weather had gotten even WORSE. Where
did I walk? Yep. Along the side of the road. No problems (of course), and
no cops.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=518125

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=716017

Old June 19th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
mark

N8N wrote:

> If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it was his choice of cars. I used
> to get pulled over all the time in my old Scirocco, not once (knock on
> wood) in the Porsche. I guess the Porsche looks more respectable
> although in truth it's only four years newer.
>
> nate

probably

only speeding ticket I got was partly due to my choice of car.

1981. I was in the next town over, late to meet my co-workers at a new
library that we were setting up furniture for an opening in 2 days

Saturday morning, 8 AM, no traffic.... I was on a 4 lane divided highway,
and popped over an overpass, and saw 2 town police cars on a parking lot.

they fall in behind me, and I let off the gas.....

a mile down, I get to where I exit, and signal my turn. thats when the blue
lights came on.

I signal a turn into the city park parking lot, and sit patiently

officers ask for license, registration, insurance, etc

ok,

do you know why we stopped you.

I got an idea. I night have been 5 over...... but WHY did you wait so long
to light me up???

well, Eldon ( chief of police in that town) has a car just like yours.....
we thought he might need assistance, so we fell in behind you.. then we
realized his plate wasn't MARK 59. And we raised him on the radio, and he
was at the station

next payday, I go to city hall, and pay ticket. 80 some odd dollars.

walk to side entrance of building where city police station was, and ask to
see police chief.

I introduce myself..... and ask him if he has a minute to see something
funny....

I had parked next to an IDENTICAL 1977 Chevrolet Impala 4-door..... light
blue, white painted top, blue cloth interior.

the chief enjoyed my story..... and the two cars parked next to each other.