ION wont start when cold

Old January 27th 05, 02:31 AM
skittish

Wow.... this same thing has been happening to us with our 2000 LS Sedan.
Problems started last year. Happens in all kinds of weather, cold, hot, can
happen after the car has sat for a day or two or after it has sat for 1/2
hour. Took it into the dealership. Told me without "duplicating the problem"
there wasn't anything they could do. They had one of their mechanics drive
it to and from work for 2 days then said there was nothing they could do ,
to come and get it. I told them they could keep the car until they COULD
duplicate the problem. It isnt any good to me if it isnt reliable. Only has
63000 kms on it for heavens sakes. Well can you believe it , the very next
day they managed to duplicate the problem and they replaced the fuel pump.
Was fine for a couple months then wouldnt start again one day. Wait the 10 -
15 minutes... Starts up fine. Didnt bother taking it into the dealership
this time. I never thought of video taping it. We will do that next time.
And unfortunatley I am sure there will be a next time *sigh*

oups.com...