Airbag light on

Old September 9th 06, 11:28 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
s[_1_]

Default Airbag light on

Unplugged the airbag my mistake and turned the light on. Does anyone know
how to turn the light off without a scanner? 2001 Z3.

Thanks

Old September 10th 06, 05:17 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Josh Assing

THere's reset tools out there --

http://www.bimmerzone.com/resettool.htm

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 17:28:09 -0500, "s" > wrote:

>Unplugged the airbag my mistake and turned the light on. Does anyone know
>how to turn the light off without a scanner? 2001 Z3.
>
>Thanks

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.
Old September 10th 06, 01:54 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Toby

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:17:23 -0700, Josh Assing >
wrote:

>THere's reset tools out there --
>
>http://www.bimmerzone.com/resettool.htm
>

>On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 17:28:09 -0500, "s" > wrote:
>
>>Unplugged the airbag my mistake and turned the light on. Does anyone know
>>how to turn the light off without a scanner? 2001 Z3.
>>
>>Thanks

Perhaps a bit of a silly question, but did you disconnect the battery?
Old September 10th 06, 02:04 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
s[_1_]

Did that. No joy.

Old September 11th 06, 01:35 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Josh Assing

>Perhaps a bit of a silly question, but did you disconnect the battery?

Disconnecting the battery will not reset an airbag warning

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.
Old September 11th 06, 03:42 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

My understanding is that you need a scan tool to reset the Airbag Light. I
do not think the standard OBD II scan tool will do it, but I could be
mistaken on that point.

The airbag system is a "safety of flight" system, and it is not possible for
the system to be reset without intervention, that is, it can not reset
itself even if the failure mode has been corrected. (Some systems will reset
themselves once the failure is fixed, the airbag is not one of these
systems.)

Disconnecting the airbag, and turning the Ignition ON will cause the error
to be set. In reality, disconnecting any number of items in the system and
turning the ignition on will cause the error to be set. Most commonly people
will disconnect a seat switch and set the airbag light.

E46 Airbag Light Richard BMW 6 August 11th 06 06:32 PM
Resetting airbag warning light 1996 E36 D0d6y BMW 6 May 17th 06 12:21 AM
how to reset airbag light after replace both of them GDB Saturn 4 November 2nd 05 10:51 PM
[04 Accord] Side Airbag light flickers [email protected] Honda 3 December 29th 04 04:42 PM
Airbag Indicator Light R. Rikoski Mazda 3 December 14th 04 07:56 PM