'94 Accord computer fault codes

Old January 15th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default '94 Accord computer fault codes

New to this group. Didn't see a FAQ.

Can someone tell me, or point me to a website that explains, how to
retrieve computer fault codes from a 94 Accord ?

Hopefully I don't have to go running to the dealer every time I want to
check them...

Thanks,

EJ

Old January 15th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

www.autozone.com has a free online repair guide for the 94
Accord.

How to retrieve the codes is described at

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...rdPage=/az/cds
/en_us/0900823d/80/0c/fb/0c/0900823d800cfb0c.jsp

"Ether Jones" > wrote

Old January 15th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Ether Jones" > wrote in
ups.com:

> New to this group. Didn't see a FAQ.
>
> Can someone tell me, or point me to a website that explains, how to
> retrieve computer fault codes from a 94 Accord ?
>
> Hopefully I don't have to go running to the dealer every time I want to
> check them...

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#retrieve
and
http://www.iequus.com/assets/manuals..._E_14JAN03.pdf

From the last URL:
Procedu Access service check connector (located under dashboard on
passenger side) (H7). Plug Code Reader into service check connector and
turn ignition on and observe "Check Engine" light for codes.

A paper clip may be used as a "Code Reader" to short the service check
connector contacts.

Anything else you might want is available at
www.groups.google.com

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old January 17th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Thanks to both "Elle" and "TeGGeR". Your posts were very helpful.

I downloaded both the Autozone and the iequus documents.

My initial cursory inspection of the underneath of the dash on the
passenger side of my 94 Accord failed to locate the connector. As soon
as it stops raining I'll go back out with a good flashlight and see if
I can't twist myself further under there and find it.

EJ

Old January 17th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I think I pulled up a bit of carpet on the right of the
passenger footwell, just beneath a wire bundle, the first
time I located the service check connector on my 91 Civic.
Now I leave the connector just hanging there against the
right bulkhead, right underneath the dash on the lower
right, or where the carpet rises and ends to meet metal or
plastic. My Civic's connector is bright royal blue, but I
think other colors are used, too. It has two wires going to
it; two coming from it.

Lately I used some tape to hold the paper clip in place when
jumpering the connector, since engine vibrations can shake
the clip loose.

"Ether Jones" > wrote