Need measurements from a good '68

Old August 5th 05, 10:49 PM
Fish

Default Need measurements from a good '68

Here's the deal.
My '68 westy took a shot in the nose before I owned it.
This pushed the A (hinge) pillar back a tad and the doors don't line up
and close correctly. I am going to try moving them back using a porta
power press. Unfortunately a previous owner just bent the doors until
they closed, so I can't really use them as a reference.

If someone could measure above and below the hinges from the hinge
pillar directly across to the latch pillar, I should would appreciate
the information.

Thanks

Old August 12th 05, 11:27 AM
Grahame Rumballe

"Fish" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Here's the deal.
> My '68 westy took a shot in the nose before I owned it.
> This pushed the A (hinge) pillar back a tad and the doors don't line up
> and close correctly. I am going to try moving them back using a porta
> power press. Unfortunately a previous owner just bent the doors until
> they closed, so I can't really use them as a reference.
>
> If someone could measure above and below the hinges from the hinge
> pillar directly across to the latch pillar, I should would appreciate
> the information.
>
> Thanks

Fish

Body dimension
Width of cab door opening, level with upper hinge carrier,
centre to centre of two holes in lock pillar - 1137mm

Grahame
from Australia

Old August 12th 05, 02:42 PM
Fish

1137mm???
What the heck does that mean.....just kidding
Thanks a bunch for the measurement!
I will have to convert it or find a metric rule, which are not that
common over here.

Thanks again,

Fish

Old August 12th 05, 08:28 PM
Lorem Ipsum

"Fish" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> 1137mm???
> What the heck does that mean.....just kidding

Divide by 25.4 to get inches
Answer: 44 4/5"