ignition switch labor cost

Old November 22nd 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default ignition switch labor cost

did I Get cheated I paid 324 for a ignition switch to be put in?
Old November 22nd 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Lane

You didn't specify how many parts were required or the number of labor hours
it took.

When I replaced the ignition cylinder & tumblers in my '94 SC2 myself, I
believe parts were under $50 and it took me about an hour once I had the
right tools.

If you're the slightest bit mechanically inclined and have a service manual
and some patience, you can do practically anything.

Lane
http://www.evilplastic.com
http://www.evilatom.com

Old November 23rd 08, 10:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Nov 21, 6:05*pm, wrote:
> did I Get cheated I paid 324 for a ignition switch to be put in?

are you asking or are you telling ?
Old November 24th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

If you mean the entire ignition switch and not just the cylinder, the figure
is probably right. There's a lot of stuff that has to be removed to get at
the switch. The biggest part of the cost is labor. They get $95 per hour at
an independent garage near me.
Oppie (20 miles North of NYC)

I remember my dad's late 60's buick station wagon that had a severe run-on
problem. Garage changed the ignition switch and (predictably) it had no
effect on the problem. I did some research and found that there was a
electrical leakage path between the battery, through the alternator idiot
lamp and to the ignition coil that was the source of the run-on. Added a 20
cent diode in the warning lamp circuit to block the leakage current when
ignition switch was off. End of problem.

just noted your email address - you into high output audio sound? Did you
attach your amplifier power feed through the ignition switch and burn it
out? A relay controlled by ign switched power that in turn switches battery
power into the amps is the preferred way to go...

> wrote in message
> did I Get cheated I paid 324 for a ignition switch to be put in?

How Much Should An Ignition Switch Cost? Ed Saturn 11 January 8th 08 12:06 PM
CHEATED? $500 to replace ignition switch, part $30, $470 for labor and code reading etc Joe Mexico Saturn 3 January 8th 08 02:45 AM
CHEATED? 2003 ION $500 to replace ignition switch, part $30, $470 for labor and code reading etc Joe Mexico Saturn 6 June 22nd 07 05:39 AM
Labor cost Seeker Technology 15 November 22nd 05 08:09 PM
labor/materials cost CV Joints Chris_E VW water cooled 22 January 10th 05 03:42 PM