2002 Vue fuel filter connectors

Old November 11th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
ktyme

Default 2002 Vue fuel filter connectors

The last item of my 100,000 mile maintanence schedule is replacing the
fuel filter. I got a new one from the dealer and started the change.
The outlet line came off with no problems, but I can't seem to find
how the two inlet lines lines are secured to the old filter. There's
a little plastic tab that unsnaps and folds out of the way, but
something else is still holding the fitting on. I tried a removal
tool (a plastic collar) that I've used to release lines from other
types of filters, but that didn't seem to work. Does anyone know the
secret to disconnecting these fittings? Thanks for any advice.
Old November 14th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_8_]

Don't know if this is like the ones on my L300 which has a light colored
retainer which snaps into the main body with two tabs. The tabs are
depressed which releases the retainer to be pulled outward (along the tube).
As I recall, there is only an O-ring seal in the main body against the
filter. You may have to twist and rock gently to loosen up before
separating.

Old November 14th 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_8_]

Old November 14th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]