TOWING A SATURN- from theCONFUSING owners handbook !

Old November 1st 04, 09:13 PM
misterfact

Default TOWING A SATURN- from theCONFUSING owners handbook !

200s series page 247

Towing- when you call the towing service tell them:

"That your Saturn can only be towed with a vehicle carrier or
wheel lift tow truck"

Then on the next page (248) the idiots at Saturn contradict
themselves! They say that the car can be towed on "ALL 4 WHEELS"!

"To prevent damage to the automatic transaxle when towing a Saturn
on all four wheels, make sure the transaxle fluid is at the correct
towing level. The fluid, when checked at normal operating temperatures
of 190 degrees to 200 degrees F , should be in the cross-hatched area
on the dipstick. Towing speeds should not exceed 65 mph."

page 247 statement in not for manual trnsmission. They say "WHEN
TOWING A SATURN ON ALL FOUR WHEELS"- which means ALL SATURNS.

If they ever can make up their mind which it is- they ought to spell
it out in BOLDFACE TYPE on the dashboard- unless they enjoy having
owners keep their mechanics busy.
Old November 2nd 04, 10:37 PM
Jerry

If you put your owner's handbook on the dash, you will have it there...

Old November 2nd 04, 10:47 PM
Rev Turd Fredericks

On 2 Nov 2004 07:58:16 -0800, (misterfact) wrote:

>"Kevin M. Keller" > wrote in message >...
>> I don't know why I'm bothering to feed the troll, but here we go...

(misterfact) typed until their fingers bled, and
>> came up with:
>>

>> > 200s series page 247
>> >
>> > Towing- when you call the towing service tell them:
>> >
>> > "That your Saturn can only be towed with a vehicle carrier or
>> > wheel lift tow truck"
>> >

>> when towing a DISABLED VEHICLE, this is how it is to be done - this means
>> that they cannot use one of the older frame/bumper lifing tow trucks.
>>
>> > Then on the next page (248) the idiots at Saturn contradict
>> > themselves! They say that the car can be towed on "ALL 4 WHEELS"!

>> ALL S SERIES SATURNS CAN BE TOWED "4 DOWN" USING A TOWBAR. is that clear
>> enough for you?

> Great- now tell that to all those "knowlegable" Saturn experts who
>keep posting that "you can't tow ANY Saturn on all 4 wheels". They
>appear under heading "Saturn Horror Stories". Again- If some models
>can and some can't- send a note to Saturn like I did and suggest they
>quit burrying that info in small print- and put it on the dash!

If you can't read and unstand the Saturn owners manual, you are
retarded and shouldn't be driving. You probably need a helmet to
prevent injury during your daily life because you tend to forget where
your head is positioned. You need warning labels on knives to be
reminded that they can potentially cut you. You are the reason we have
child safety lighters. You need a cork on your fork to prevent you
accidently putting your eye out.
Old November 2nd 04, 11:03 PM
Lane

> You probably need a helmet to
> prevent injury during your daily life because you tend to forget where
> your head is positioned. You need warning labels on knives to be
> reminded that they can potentially cut you. You are the reason we have
> child safety lighters. You need a cork on your fork to prevent you
> accidently putting your eye out.

Nooo!! We need some form of Darwinism. Let these people be.

Lane

Old November 3rd 04, 12:15 AM
Rev Turd Fredericks

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:03:23 -0600, "Lane"
<lane-at-evilplastic-dot-com> wrote:

>> You probably need a helmet to
>> prevent injury during your daily life because you tend to forget where
>> your head is positioned. You need warning labels on knives to be
>> reminded that they can potentially cut you. You are the reason we have
>> child safety lighters. You need a cork on your fork to prevent you
>> accidently putting your eye out.

>Nooo!! We need some form of Darwinism. Let these people be.
>
>Lane

Yeah, but I don't want them out on the road where they can potentially
injure me through shear stupidity: "There is no warning lable on the
rain, how was I supposed to know it would take longer to stop"
However, you are more than welcome to gather them all together in a
"winner take all match of stupid" somewhere where they aren't a danger
to others and they can go at it.

.. .

Old November 3rd 04, 12:27 AM
Philip Nasadowski

In article >,
Rev Turd Fredericks > wrote:

> Yeah, but I don't want them out on the road where they can potentially
> injure me through shear stupidity: "There is no warning lable on the
> rain, how was I supposed to know it would take longer to stop"

No kidding. I once watched a guy in a Dodge pickup (the ever popular
4X4 one. Every time I see this, I wonder why they don't just call it a
16 In 4WD, in the snow, he floors it froma light and is all over the
road. It's kinda fun, if you're out of the way, to watch a 4WD thing
spin all 4 wheels and slide and spin around in the road.

Traffic in the opposite direction was a bit less than ammused.

It's fun watching SUVs crash if you're not near them - every year they
always have a few good vids on the news of some dip doing 50 - 60 in the
snow just slide and spin and roll....
Old November 3rd 04, 02:38 AM
BANDIT2941

>If you can't read and unstand the Saturn owners manual, you are
>retarded and shouldn't be driving. You probably need a helmet to
>prevent injury during your daily life because you tend to forget where
>your head is positioned. You need warning labels on knives to be
>reminded that they can potentially cut you. You are the reason we have
>child safety lighters. You need a cork on your fork to prevent you
>accidently putting your eye out.

He reminds me of the type of people like the idiot that sued mcdonald's because
the coffee was hot and she got burned. Talk about fsckstick.....