SRS light

Old March 12th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bruce.

Default SRS light

The SRS light just came on in my 2002 Accord V6 while I was driving. Is it
dealer time, or might it go off by itself?

Bruce.

Old March 12th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Woody[_1_]

Unless you know how to read the codes and know how to work on the SRS system
without blowing the air bags it is dealer time.

Old March 12th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ecarecar

Bruce. wrote:

>The SRS light just came on in my 2002 Accord V6 while I was driving. Is it
>dealer time, or might it go off by itself?

Hahahahaha.

It's money time.

Old March 12th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bruce.

"Woody" > wrote in message
t...
> Unless you know how to read the codes and know how to work on the SRS
> system without blowing the air bags it is dealer time.

Ok, thanks. To the dealer it goes.

Bruce.

Old March 12th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Paul[_14_]

"Bruce." > wrote in message
> The SRS light just came on in my 2002 Accord V6 while I was driving. Is
> it dealer time, or might it go off by itself?
>
> Bruce.

When the SRS light came on in my 2000 Accord SE a few years ago, it turned
out to be a problem with the seat belt latch. Since the seat belts are
covered by a lifetime warranty, the dealer fixed the problem at no charge to
me. Not saying that's your problem, but it could be... and a problem with
the airbags themselves could be much worse, and more dangerous.

Take it straight to the dealer, is my advice. Preferably one you can trust,
of course.

Paul

Old March 13th 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bruce.

"Paul" > wrote in message
news
> When the SRS light came on in my 2000 Accord SE a few years ago, it turned
> out to be a problem with the seat belt latch. Since the seat belts are
> covered by a lifetime warranty, the dealer fixed the problem at no charge
> to me. Not saying that's your problem, but it could be... and a problem
> with the airbags themselves could be much worse, and more dangerous.
>
> Take it straight to the dealer, is my advice. Preferably one you can
> trust, of course.

Ok, will do. Hopefully it's just the seatbelf latch as you suggested.

Bruce.