SATURN ION 1

Old June 9th 04, 02:21 PM
KEITHSGIRL

Default SATURN ION 1

IS THERE ANY WAY TO PUT A SYSTEM IN MY ION 1 WITHOUT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT
COMING ON?

Old June 9th 04, 03:40 PM
richard hornsby

KEITHSGIRL wrote:
> IS THERE ANY WAY TO PUT A SYSTEM IN MY ION 1 WITHOUT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT
> COMING ON?

First off, lose the capslock. There is no need to shout.

Secondly, what "system" are you trying to put in your car? What year is
your car? What makes you think this "system" is causing (or would
cause) the check engine light to come on, as opposed to something else?

You need to be a little more specific.
Old June 10th 04, 02:49 PM
KEITHSGIRL

I have to type in caps at work & i don't even notice it's on sometimes.

Anyway, It's a Saturn Ion 1 2004 and the "system" i refer to is two
Rockford Fosgate Punch 10" subwoofers and a Rockford Fosgate Amp my check
engine light came on and then I removed the Subwoofers and amp and then it
went off, & I was wondering if it had something to do with the battery
being so close to them. Or if there is anything else that would cause this
to happen

Old June 11th 04, 04:06 AM
Robert Hancock

You'd have to read the trouble code from the ECM to have much idea what was
going on there..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from

lkaboutautos.com...

Old June 17th 04, 02:29 AM
Charles Paluda

"KEITHSGIRL" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I have to type in caps at work & i don't even notice it's on sometimes.
>
> Anyway, It's a Saturn Ion 1 2004 and the "system" i refer to is two
> Rockford Fosgate Punch 10" subwoofers and a Rockford Fosgate Amp my check
> engine light came on and then I removed the Subwoofers and amp and then it
> went off, & I was wondering if it had something to do with the battery
> being so close to them. Or if there is anything else that would cause this
> to happen

The Ions can be very very picky about getting stuff like that installed,
just as bad as the new Cavalier which has a similar electrical system from
what the guy at the shop that did my install told me. As a matter of fact
if they hadn't done a number of installs in those he said it is likely they
would have had problems getting mine to work right. Anyway, my amp gets
it's power directly from the batter and then the remote turn on is tapped
into a wire under the dash that is only on when the ignition is on. Yeah
that's common sense but the first wire they used wasn't actually dead with
the ignition off, they used the accessory line which fed the factory amp's
remote turn on and because of the features on the Ion like power windows
after the key is removed/etc. the line is NOT actually dead but drops to 6V.
That's enough to shut off the factory amp, but aftermarket amps stay on,
needless to say after a week my battery finally died and I was back at the
shop. Anyway, I'm not sure exactly which wire they tapped into the 2nd time
but like I said, if the ignition is off, so is the line now.

I'm not sure what would be causing the check engine light to come on, but
where are you tapping into for power?

Charles
--
check out my latest Saturn stuff at
http://www.metallic-raven.com/tmrsaturn.asp

Saturn - No different Arkal Saturn 8 June 28th 04 12:23 PM
2004 Saturn Vue V6 is awsome! Ken R Saturn 9 May 20th 04 03:47 AM
from Saturn fan to Saturn Consultant The Espaz Saturn 1 May 18th 04 10:39 PM
HELP: 1993 Saturn SL1 Window Regulator - READ THIS!!! B. Case Saturn 3 May 15th 04 12:56 AM
Saturn Lemons- epidemic flaws, engine cracks, ball joints misterfact Antique cars 0 January 6th 04 07:04 PM