latest SATURN HORROR STORY !!!

Old May 12th 04, 03:56 AM
Kevin M. Keller

(misterfact) typed until their fingers bled, and
came up with:

> "Kevin M. Keller" > wrote in message

(misterfact) typed until their fingers bled, and
>> came up with:

> Saturn made a half-hearted attempt to notify owners about it. They
> knew about it in 1996 but waited until June of '99 to notify
> customers.

And paid for any verifiable repair prior to the mailing of the letters.

--
Visit the Saturn Performance Club -
http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com
Old May 12th 04, 03:40 PM
misterfact

"marx404" > wrote in message >...
> nice, blame it on poor ol jim....and the reason that YOU avoided answering a
> direct question, mr "fact"? nevermind, your last reponse speaks volumes, all
> that we here need and more. now go away and leave us alone, your "help" is
> not wanted here by anyone. thanks and goodbye.
>
> we would all do well to ignore this one from now on.

I just re-post Saturn horror stories I receive from others.
Old May 13th 04, 01:14 AM
Laurent Doiron

I think we are here to share and help each other!!! Go destroy another
company's products. We have to deal with the one we have. Make choices and
live with it! Wether be saturn, toyota, mazda, whatever!!!!! Life goes on
for those who have one!!

From Mister enough !!!

om...

Old May 13th 04, 07:13 AM
Steven M. Scharf

"marx404" > wrote in message
> well? just curious who are you and why are you spending so much of your
> personal time flaming saturn? are you a disgruntled ex-saturn employee?

how
> do you know so many negative "facts" about saturn?

His name is Michael Korman, and he lives in Baldwin, Michigan. He dislikes
Saturns because he experienced the cracked head on his SOHC Saturn, and it
was not covered by the Saturn campaign to replace the engine for up to 100K
miles.

He has a history of bizarre posts on misc.consumers, related to batteries in
smoke alarms, and he was upset because it was pointed out to him that buying
an AC powered smoke alarm and splicing on a line cord, violated the NEMA
code. He also is trying to sell cheap lock boxes.

I don't know what he expects the result to be from his posts, or just how
long Saturn should have covered the engine. In a sense, he has a point in
that an engine should last over 100K miles before cracking. Perhaps Saturn
should have done something like 100% coverage for the first 100K miles, then
decreasing coverage for the next 100K miles, i.e. 1% less per 1000 miles.

Old May 13th 04, 07:21 AM
Steven M. Scharf

"Seamus's Stuff" > wrote in message

> Even the Saturn Newsgroup old friend Steve Scharf thinks this guy is a

nut.

This is true.

Just remember who was the first person on this newsgroup to report about the
cracked head issue on the SOHC, years and years before Saturn admitted the
problem. Ditto for confirmation of the oil-burning issue. And recall the
abuse this individual received, from people that quietly disappeared, after
being proven wrong.

Old May 13th 04, 03:28 PM
Jonnie Santos

....different day same Steven Scharf - Steve, you make me laugh and I needed
that today.

If any of the old crowd cared to dig through Google going back to the late
90's I think there would be a difference of opinion. To my knowledge and to
this day, you do not own a Saturn, yet you have made it a point to harvest
information from this group and regurgitate it as if you are a Saturn guru.
You take a line of fact, tweak a piece of it to fit your need or lack of
contiguous thought and then frost it with ego. You have done this over and
over and over again. You are one rare bird.

Do you not remember get flamed after making erroneous remarks, being
corrected repeatedly, posting under your wife's name, and how 'bout the guy
you ****ed off so badly he wrote a poem about you and posted it on a website
for years?

Being a previous GM owner circa 1980 I was wonderfully impressed how much
better my 97SL2 is. I was disappointed with the frozen rings and very happy
the repair was done under warranty. The alternator and battery thing is
just dumb (on Saturn's part). I am disappointed the S Series did not evolve
to the next level, however the Ecotech engine being used in the new cars is
supposed to be superior.

There are no conspiracies here - it's a Saturn newsgroup with a wide range
of participants and I'd guess 99% of the folks can separate their emotional
association (of any flavor) with the car and the company and its features
and problems. So think what you will about your place here and just know
there are always a couple of views and opinions that may not align with
yours.

In my humblest opinion it would have been more enjoyable if even in later
years you bought a used S Series and shared your first hand experiences with
some tips and tricks. There are many of us who won't attempt a repair or
are unsure about the best method to tackle an issue. I believe you have a
technical background and may have been able to contribute in that way. Why
you wish to remotely participate and harvest self-made acclaim is certainly
entertaining, but that's about it...

link.net...

Old May 13th 04, 05:05 PM
misterfact

"Steven M. Scharf" > wrote in message hlink.net>...
> "marx404" > wrote in message
> > well? just curious who are you and why are you spending so much of your
> > personal time flaming saturn? are you a disgruntled ex-saturn employee?

> how
> > do you know so many negative "facts" about saturn?

> His name is Michael Korman, and he lives in Baldwin, Michigan. He dislikes
> Saturns because he experienced the cracked head on his SOHC Saturn, and it
> was not covered by the Saturn campaign to replace the engine for up to 100K
> miles.
>
> He has a history of bizarre posts on misc.consumers, related to batteries in
> smoke alarms, and he was upset because it was pointed out to him that buying
> an AC powered smoke alarm and splicing on a line cord, violated the NEMA
> code. He also is trying to sell cheap lock boxes.
>
> I don't know what he expects the result to be from his posts, or just how
> long Saturn should have covered the engine. In a sense, he has a point in
> that an engine should last over 100K miles before cracking. Perhaps Saturn
> should have done something like 100% coverage for the first 100K miles, then
> decreasing coverage for the next 100K miles, i.e. 1% less per 1000 miles.

Looking for bike recommendations, Steven M. Scharf, Apr 15, 2004 - 14:55:46.

How about a tri-cycle!
Old May 14th 04, 02:31 PM
misterfact

"Steven M. Scharf" > wrote in message hlink.net>...
> "marx404" > wrote in message
> > well? just curious who are you and why are you spending so much of your
> > personal time flaming saturn? are you a disgruntled ex-saturn employee?

> how
> > do you know so many negative "facts" about saturn?

> He has a history of bizarre posts on misc.consumers, related to batteries in
> smoke alarms, and he was upset because it was pointed out to him that buying
> an AC powered smoke alarm and splicing on a line cord, violated the NEMA
> code.

So far my hardwired Kidde smoke detector with the spliced on
electrical cord has worked for 8 months! It performs exactly as well
as the detector would if was hardwired- in, according to the NEMA
code!

Frankly, I don't give a rats ass if it doesn't meet with Mr.
Scharf's approval. The nice thing about it is you don't have to hire
an electrician to splice on a power cord and I can move the unit
around the house. If he is correct about it "violating" NEMA codes (he
hasn't yet documented that yet!) - I don't give a rats ass about an
alledged "professional" group that has the interests of keeping
electricians and firefighters employed-above my personal safety.
Besides- I already 2 Ac/9v battery smoke detecters hardwired in- so my
place is under code.

Every firefighter and electrician I have talked to say a working
AC/9v detector with a spliced-in power cord is sure preferable to all
the battery-only junk that is out there-sitting around with a DEAD
BATTERIES in them-just waiting to fail in a fire. Since AC is the
primary power source, it looks to me that there is little if any drain
on the battery- so the battery lasts a lot longer than a battery-only
unit.