ABS light on Honda Jazz (Honda Fit)

Old March 1st 07, 12:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
chrisall

Default ABS light on Honda Jazz (Honda Fit)

Hi,

We have just bought a UK 04 Honda Jazz SE Sport CVT off ebay. The car
is fantastic, but there is one little fault - the ABS light stays on
all the time. I understand that this is probably only the wheel
sensors, but is there a way to read the fault codes from the ABS? I
have read on here about a blue connector under the glove box on older
models, is this still there for the newer cars?

Cheers,
Chris.

Old March 1st 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

chrisall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have just bought a UK 04 Honda Jazz SE Sport CVT off ebay. The car
> is fantastic, but there is one little fault - the ABS light stays on
> all the time. I understand that this is probably only the wheel
> sensors, but is there a way to read the fault codes from the ABS? I
> have read on here about a blue connector under the glove box on older
> models, is this still there for the newer cars?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris.

==============================

If somebody got grease / muck on the tone rings, you'll need to clean
them up and the fault may go away. Be careful not to damage the CV
boots. See this PDI document for further info:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/misc/x02-901e.pdf

Some of it will apply to your year.

'Curly'
Old March 1st 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

chrisall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have just bought a UK 04 Honda Jazz SE Sport CVT off ebay. The car
> is fantastic, but there is one little fault - the ABS light stays on
> all the time. I understand that this is probably only the wheel
> sensors, but is there a way to read the fault codes from the ABS? I
> have read on here about a blue connector under the glove box on older
> models, is this still there for the newer cars?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris.

===================================

Important question: What happens with the light if you get in, start the
car, but don't go anywhere for two minutes? What sounds are you hearing
also?

'Curly'

Old March 2nd 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
chrisall

On 1 Mar, 16:41, motsco_ > wrote:
> chrisall wrote:
> > Hi,

> > We have just bought a UK 04 Honda Jazz SE Sport CVT off ebay. The car
> > is fantastic, but there is one little fault - the ABS light stays on
> > all the time. I understand that this is probably only the wheel
> > sensors, but is there a way to read the fault codes from the ABS? I
> > have read on here about a blue connector under the glove box on older
> > models, is this still there for the newer cars?

> > Cheers,
> > Chris.

> ===================================
>
> Important question: What happens with the light if you get in, start the
> car, but don't go anywhere for two minutes? What sounds are you hearing
> also?
>
> 'Curly'

The light comes on with the ignition switched on & then stays on - it
never goes out. I'm not hearing any sounds from the ABS booster, if
that's where you mean?

Cheers,
Chris.

Old March 2nd 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

chrisall wrote:
> On 1 Mar, 16:41, motsco_ > wrote:
>> chrisall wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> We have just bought a UK 04 Honda Jazz SE Sport CVT off ebay. The car
>>> is fantastic, but there is one little fault - the ABS light stays on
>>> all the time. I understand that this is probably only the wheel
>>> sensors, but is there a way to read the fault codes from the ABS? I
>>> have read on here about a blue connector under the glove box on older
>>> models, is this still there for the newer cars?
>>> Cheers,
>>> Chris.

>> ===================================
>>
>> Important question: What happens with the light if you get in, start the
>> car, but don't go anywhere for two minutes? What sounds are you hearing
>> also?
>>
>> 'Curly'

> The light comes on with the ignition switched on & then stays on - it
> never goes out. I'm not hearing any sounds from the ABS booster, if
> that's where you mean?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris.

Sounds like the previous owner had some trouble and unplugged or removed
the fuse for the booster. You'll have to do some searching under the
hood to see what's been done. :-(

'Curly'

Honda H Emblem Badge Shop and Store Civic Accord Integra Acura Jazz Type-R S2000 [email protected] Honda 0 August 1st 06 10:18 AM
Honda Fit/Jazz - Is there a way to get Honda's attention? Joseph Oberlander Honda 11 July 15th 05 06:26 AM
Honda Jazz UK CVT holding on hills [email protected] Honda 9 June 14th 05 05:01 PM
Honda Jazz ¦³ÉN....? Jazz Honda 0 February 27th 05 01:42 PM
Honda Jazz ¦³ÉN....? Jazz Honda 0 February 27th 05 01:39 PM