Where's the Fit?

Old March 16th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Samson

Default Where's the Fit?

About six months ago I heard there would be more Fits available by
Spring 07. Seems they are still in short supply. Anybody know when
we will start seeing more and why there are so few in Northern
California?

\Samson
Old March 17th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
name is

Samson wrote:
> About six months ago I heard there would be more Fits available by
> Spring 07. Seems they are still in short supply. Anybody know when
> we will start seeing more and why there are so few in Northern
> California?
>
> \Samson

Saw two of um at a Honda dealer here in Houston but they wanted MSRP ...

--
Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
http://www.rfruth.net

1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)
Old March 17th 07, 11:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Chris Dugan

"Samson" > wrote in message
> About six months ago I heard there would be more Fits available by
> Spring 07. Seems they are still in short supply. Anybody know when
> we will start seeing more and why there are so few in Northern
> California?

Dunno about that but have you thought about importing one? Here in the UK
they're called the Honda Jazz, been onsale here since 2003 maybe 2002.

--
Chris

Old March 17th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Samson

>Dunno about that but have you thought about importing one? Here in the UK
>they're called the Honda Jazz, been onsale here since 2003 maybe 2002.

No I haven't because it's not like they are unavailable here. There
are some on the road and some dealers in Northern California get them
in, but because they are relatively rare and in demand there is still
a premium above the Civics and Accords that are well stocked. I'm
holding out until they are selling for the MSRP and below. I just
need to keep my 91 Accord running until then. Or maybe I'll get
something else.

One thing I really like about the Fit/Jazz is that the front seats can
fold down to horizontal for a cat nap mid day. Anybody know of any
other small economical cars that do that? I don't think the Scion Xa
has that feature.
\Samson

Old March 17th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
who

In article >,
Samson > wrote:

> About six months ago I heard there would be more Fits available by
> Spring 07. Seems they are still in short supply. Anybody know when
> we will start seeing more and why there are so few in Northern
> California?
>
> \Samson

You won't miss that shoe box if it's on the road.
Old March 19th 07, 09:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Robert A. Cunningham

"Samson" > wrote in message
> About six months ago I heard there would be more Fits available by
> Spring 07. Seems they are still in short supply. Anybody know when
> we will start seeing more and why there are so few in Northern
> California?
>
> \Samson

I have been interested in the Honda Fit for months, after having read all of
the glowing reviews in Consumer Reports, Car and Driver, etc. I have also
visited four or five dealers in my area in order to see one, and perhaps,
take a test drive.. Not one dealer I visited ever had any in stock! Well,
that was the case, until I went to Honda Santa Ana on 3/18/07. They are
located in Santa Ana, in Orange County, CA and they had five or six IN
STOCK! I was blown away. And they were selling them close to list price,
maybe even a little below. I took a test drive, of a Sport model, with
manual transmission, and I was really impressed. Although I did not buy the
car I was treated very well by the sales staff, especially by Joe Pepper. I
should note that the reason I did not buy does not reflect badly on them. I
had no intention of buying a car today, as I had originally driven to a
nearby computer store (Micro Center) to pick up an advertised free camera
memory card, and I decided to stop in at the Honda dealer as a lark. When I
do buy a Fit, (and I definitely will buy one) I will go back to Honda Santa
Ana, even though it is about 30 miles from where I live. If anyone in
southern California reads this, and visits them to purchase, or whatever,
please mention my name, as I felt that they deserve my recommendation.
And, in case you are wondering, I don't not work for them, I had never been
there before 3/18/07 , and I did not know anyone who worked there.

Robert A. Cunningham

Old March 19th 07, 10:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Robert A. Cunningham

"Robert A. Cunningham" > wrote in message

> "Samson" > wrote in message
>> About six months ago I heard there would be more Fits available by
>> Spring 07. Seems they are still in short supply. Anybody know when
>> we will start seeing more and why there are so few in Northern
>> California?
>>
>> \Samson

> I have been interested in the Honda Fit for months, after having read all
> of the glowing reviews in Consumer Reports, Car and Driver, etc. I have
> also visited four or five dealers in my area in order to see one, and
> perhaps, take a test drive.. Not one dealer I visited ever had any in
> stock! Well, that was the case, until I went to Honda Santa Ana on
> 3/18/07. They are located in Santa Ana, in Orange County, CA and they had
> five or six IN STOCK! I was blown away. And they were selling them close
> to list price, maybe even a little below. I took a test drive, of a
> Sport model, with manual transmission, and I was really impressed.
> Although I did not buy the car I was treated very well by the sales staff,
> especially by Joe Pepper. I should note that the reason I did not buy
> does not reflect badly on them. I had no intention of buying a car today,
> as I had originally driven to a nearby computer store (Micro Center) to
> pick up an advertised free camera memory card, and I decided to stop in at
> the Honda dealer as a lark. When I do buy a Fit, (and I definitely will
> buy one) I will go back to Honda Santa Ana, even though it is about 30
> miles from where I live. If anyone in southern California reads this, and
> visits them to purchase, or whatever, please mention my name, as I felt
> that they deserve my recommendation. And, in case you are wondering, I
> don't not work for them, I had never been there before 3/18/07 , and I did
> not know anyone who worked there.
>
> Robert A. Cunningham

CORRECTION: I meant to say "I don't work for them," not "I don't not work
for them.: