End of Term Lease of Honda Accord Coupe 2003

Old March 2nd 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default End of Term Lease of Honda Accord Coupe 2003

Ok, so my lease is coming to an end this month and want to know what I
should expect when this inspection guy comes to my house and does
Honda's end of lease term inspection. I have kept the car in great
condition. It has one small scratch on the driver's side door and 1
ding on the other side. No cracks on any mirrors, windows nothing.
Radio, CD, AC an vents work fine. Heated seats work fine. Everything
is great. The only thing that I have no record of is this stupid 7500
mile maintance record. This is because my father does all of my car
work. We have been extremely diligent with changing the oil, rotating
tires, changing filter, etc, etc....So, I have no records of oil
changes or things like that. The car drives fine. I have always used
Honda brake pads straight from the dealer but we have always put them
on ourselves. Here are my concerns:
-I have absolutely no intentions of leasing another car from Honda, as
a matter of fact I already leased a new Pontiac. I was treated
terribly at the Honda dealership that I went to and plan to never
lease or buy a car from Honda ever again. So will they want to charge
me for erronous things if they see that I am not returning to them?
-There are a few minor scratches on one of my rims, will that be seen
as excessive damage?
-My maintance light has been on for a while now because although we
have done all of the required maintance work on it, I have tried to do
that silly key in the ignition, hold down the button on the odomoter
screen thing, and nothing happens. I have read the manual one hundred
times thinking maybe I was doing this sequence incorrectly but with no
avail. Does anyone know if after a certain amount of mileage, you
definitely have to have Honda turn this stupid light off for you?

I am freakin out because I have taken good care of this car never to
have known that all receipts were necessary at the end of lease term,
nor did anyone tell me that at the dealership when I leased the car
four years ago. Has anyone had experience with Honda and returning
their vehicles. Oh, just as a side note, I am under mileage on the
car, it currently has 48,300 and I am under about 20 thousand miles.

Any opinions or advice would be helpful.