How to Increase the C6 turn signal tic tic tic

Old September 2nd 13, 11:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_4_]

Default How to Increase the C6 turn signal tic tic tic

I really like the new (to me) C6 but the turn signal sound (tic tic tic)
is so low it is just about useless. Its there something like an old
fashion flasher relay that can be changed to increase the sound level of
the tic tic tic. It is swamped out by the engine and dual mode exhaust.

Are the all low or is low tic tic tic sound mean something is wrong with
mine?
Old September 3rd 13, 02:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Steve[_65_]

On or about Mon, 02 Sep 2013 17:07:42 -0500, aRKay
> wrote or did cause to be written:

>I really like the new (to me) C6 but the turn signal sound (tic tic tic)
>is so low it is just about useless. Its there something like an old
>fashion flasher relay that can be changed to increase the sound level of
>the tic tic tic. It is swamped out by the engine and dual mode exhaust.
>
>Are the all low or is low tic tic tic sound mean something is wrong with
>mine?

As you were told before, there is no flasher relay. The turn signals
as well as almost everything else on the car is computer controlled.
The BCM (Body Control Module) decides when and how fast to flash the
lights and sends a signal across the data bus to the radio to make the
sounds. (The ECM (Engine Control Module) has nothing to do with this.)

Instead of worrying about the sound, just learn how the car was
designed to be used. The sound in your father's Oldsmobile was there
to remind him that the turn signal had been on for the past 10 miles.
The C6 will remind you with a chime and message on the DIC if you
forget for 30 seconds.

There are literally thousands of things done by the computers in this
car that used to be done mechanically. Computer control is better but
that also means that you shouldn't just go cutting and sparking wires
like you could in a mechanical car. Instead of just blowing a 10 cent
fuse you are likely to blow a several hundred dollar computer. If you
insist on modifying this car the first thing that is mandatory is a
set of shop manuals so that you can figure out which data bus has the
digital signal you need. See helminc.com
Old September 3rd 13, 07:32 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_4_]

In article >,
Steve > wrote:

> On or about Mon, 02 Sep 2013 17:07:42 -0500, aRKay
> > wrote or did cause to be written:
>
> >I really like the new (to me) C6 but the turn signal sound (tic tic tic)
> >is so low it is just about useless. Its there something like an old
> >fashion flasher relay that can be changed to increase the sound level of
> >the tic tic tic. It is swamped out by the engine and dual mode exhaust.
> >
> >Are the all low or is low tic tic tic sound mean something is wrong with
> >mine?

> As you were told before, there is no flasher relay. The turn signals
> as well as almost everything else on the car is computer controlled.
> The BCM (Body Control Module) decides when and how fast to flash the
> lights and sends a signal across the data bus to the radio to make the
> sounds. (The ECM (Engine Control Module) has nothing to do with this.)
>
> Instead of worrying about the sound, just learn how the car was
> designed to be used. The sound in your father's Oldsmobile was there
> to remind him that the turn signal had been on for the past 10 miles.
> The C6 will remind you with a chime and message on the DIC if you
> forget for 30 seconds.
>
> There are literally thousands of things done by the computers in this
> car that used to be done mechanically. Computer control is better but
> that also means that you shouldn't just go cutting and sparking wires
> like you could in a mechanical car. Instead of just blowing a 10 cent
> fuse you are likely to blow a several hundred dollar computer. If you
> insist on modifying this car the first thing that is mandatory is a
> set of shop manuals so that you can figure out which data bus has the
> digital signal you need. See helminc.com

Thanks for the response. I will just have to learn to live with it.

End of subject topic
Old September 5th 13, 04:39 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

"aRKay" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Steve > wrote:
>
>> On or about Mon, 02 Sep 2013 17:07:42 -0500, aRKay
>> > wrote or did cause to be written:
>>
>> >I really like the new (to me) C6 but the turn signal sound (tic
>> >tic tic)
>> >is so low it is just about useless. Its there something like an
>> >old
>> >fashion flasher relay that can be changed to increase the sound
>> >level of
>> >the tic tic tic. It is swamped out by the engine and dual mode
>> >exhaust.
>> >
>> >Are the all low or is low tic tic tic sound mean something is
>> >wrong with
>> >mine?

>> As you were told before, there is no flasher relay. The turn
>> signals
>> as well as almost everything else on the car is computer
>> controlled.
>> The BCM (Body Control Module) decides when and how fast to flash
>> the
>> lights and sends a signal across the data bus to the radio to make
>> the
>> sounds. (The ECM (Engine Control Module) has nothing to do with
>> this.)
>>
>> Instead of worrying about the sound, just learn how the car was
>> designed to be used. The sound in your father's Oldsmobile was
>> there
>> to remind him that the turn signal had been on for the past 10
>> miles.
>> The C6 will remind you with a chime and message on the DIC if you
>> forget for 30 seconds.
>>
>> There are literally thousands of things done by the computers in
>> this
>> car that used to be done mechanically. Computer control is better
>> but
>> that also means that you shouldn't just go cutting and sparking
>> wires
>> like you could in a mechanical car. Instead of just blowing a 10
>> cent
>> fuse you are likely to blow a several hundred dollar computer. If
>> you
>> insist on modifying this car the first thing that is mandatory is a
>> set of shop manuals so that you can figure out which data bus has
>> the
>> digital signal you need. See helminc.com

> Thanks for the response. I will just have to learn to live with it.
>
> End of subject topic

My manual states that the turn signal flasher is integrated into the
hazard warning switch on center dash. On page 8-453 it says to see
page 8-451 for replacement instructions of that switch. Then on page
8-278 the instrument panel schematics it shows an ICP named "Turn
Signal Audible Indicator" as part of the Instrument Cluster ICP. A bit
confusing but my money goes with Steve's information since my manual
is an early ('05) manual with information cut off date 04/11/2005 that
still has C5 illustrations.

Old September 10th 13, 12:05 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_4_]

In article >,
"Dad" > wrote:

> "aRKay" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > Steve > wrote:
> >
> >> On or about Mon, 02 Sep 2013 17:07:42 -0500, aRKay

> >> As you were told before, there is no flasher relay. The turn
> >> signals
> >> as well as almost everything else on the car is computer
> >> controlled.
> >> The BCM (Body Control Module) decides when and how fast to flash
> >> the
> >> lights and sends a signal across the data bus to the radio to make
> >> the
> >> sounds. (The ECM (Engine Control Module) has nothing to do with
> >> this.)
> >>
> >> Instead of worrying about the sound, just learn how the car was
> >> designed to be used. The sound in your father's Oldsmobile was
> >> there
> >> to remind him that the turn signal had been on for the past 10
> >> miles.
> >> The C6 will remind you with a chime and message on the DIC if you
> >> forget for 30 seconds.
> >>
> >> There are literally thousands of things done by the computers in
> >> this
> >> car that used to be done mechanically. Computer control is better
> >> but
> >> that also means that you shouldn't just go cutting and sparking
> >> wires
> >> like you could in a mechanical car. Instead of just blowing a 10
> >> cent
> >> fuse you are likely to blow a several hundred dollar computer. If
> >> you
> >> insist on modifying this car the first thing that is mandatory is a
> >> set of shop manuals so that you can figure out which data bus has
> >> the
> >> digital signal you need. See helminc.com

> > Thanks for the response. I will just have to learn to live with it.
> >
> > End of subject topic
> >

> My manual states that the turn signal flasher is integrated into the
> hazard warning switch on center dash. On page 8-453 it says to see
> page 8-451 for replacement instructions of that switch. Then on page
> 8-278 the instrument panel schematics it shows an ICP named "Turn
> Signal Audible Indicator" as part of the Instrument Cluster ICP. A bit
> confusing but my money goes with Steve's information since my manual
> is an early ('05) manual with information cut off date 04/11/2005 that
> still has C5 illustrations.

Thank you for taking the time to check the manual. Like I said to Steve
I have just learned to live with the low tic tic tic.

93 ZJ Turn Signal Bogey Buster Jeep 2 May 21st 07 06:32 PM
turn signal ballinjefe22 Ford Explorer 3 December 8th 05 11:15 PM
Left LoBeam Out, Turn Signal Warning Signal On Ted Borck Jeep 5 November 25th 05 09:05 PM
Turn signal [email protected] BMW 2 January 17th 05 12:04 AM
Turn Signal Help! John York Technology 0 December 22nd 04 01:21 PM