Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response

Old October 9th 04, 05:56 PM

To BottleBob,

Sorry you had that experience with the online internet traffic school
that you picked but here are many good internet traffic schools
available.

Here is a list of them from GOOGLE SEARCH.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ttrafficschool

You should be able to see a list of several different ones. Pick a
online internet school that has a good domain name, like
www.trafficschool.com , or www.onlinetrafficschool.com , or
www.nettrafficschool.com.

Usually the better domain name companies have been around the longest,
have the most customers, etc. You know.

But remember also to check with your court to make sure the internet
online traffic
school you pick is approved by the court. If they approved it, then it
should be alright. At least I hope so. But sometimes there are bad
apples in the basket no matter what you do ;'>

FYI:

Los Angeles Superior Court, San Diego Superior Court, San Francisco
Superior Court, San Mateo Superior Court, Riverside Superior Court,
San Bernadino Superior Court, Santa Sarbara Superior Court, Alameda
Superior Court, Conta Costa Superior Court, and other california
Superior Courts all have home study traffic school lists.

Santa Clara Superior Court, Orange County Superior Court only allow
one online internet traffic school.

We are good, but there are others that are good too.

If we can be of any more help, please contact us.

Igor Lubenov
Internet Traffic School
http://www.internettrafficschool.com

__________________________________

posted by: BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
To All:

I received a ticket a few weeks ago, first in 11 years, for going 59
in
a 40 zone. I went to the court clerk Friday (Valencia California) and
paid $136 for the ticket and $29 for the privilege of going to traffic
school.

They gave me a list of different traffic schools to go to. Physical
attendance schools, online schools, video tape schools. I chose one
of
the online schools. It cost $19.95 and took about 3-4 hours. Hard to
tell the exact time because I was watching TV in between the chapters.
When you finished reading a chapter they gave you 3-4 questions to
answer, if you got some wrong they gave you the right answer and you
took them again. If you finished reading the chapter too fast they
make
you go back and read it over again. For this reason I would NOT
recommend using an online traffic school at least not
www.webtrafficschool.com. Someone else told me you can zoom through
the
video tape course in half an hour.
Just thought I'd share that little tid-bit of info to both groups.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Ignorance is pervasive
Wisdom is evasive
Adept teachers are rare

_________________________________

Howdy all,

I'd like to post a hypothetical question to the group, and would
appreciate any
comments that you might have.

Let's say that a friend of mine was driving his vette home from
work...
and out of the blue his leg cramped up... forcing his right foot onto
the gas
pedal... and accelerating his vehicle slightly past the posted speed
limit.

In the event that my friend was unfairly pulled over by the CHP and
issued a
ticket for speeding... could I ... I mean could he... attend traffic
school
online and remove the point from his driving record!

This sounds too good to be true, and I couldn't imagine that
traditional traffic
school... sitting in a classroom for an entire weekend... has been
replaced with
an online option.

If you have any experience with this, please let me know and I'll...
uhhh...
ummm... forward the details to my friend. Thanks!

Best regards,

Message 2 in thread
From: Howard Wilson II )
Subject: Online Traffic School - is this for real?

View this article only
Newsgroups: newsguy.general
Date: 2002-01-17 12:21:24 PST

(Bob) wrote in :

> Howdy all,
>
> I'd like to post a hypothetical question to the group, and would
> appreciate any comments that you might have.

Are peanut gallery comments allowed too?

> Let's say that a friend of mine was driving his Chevy Blazer home from
> work... and out of the blue his leg cramped up... forcing his right
> foot onto the gas pedal... and accelerating his vehicle slightly past
> the posted speed limit.

I HATE it when that happens!

> In the event that my friend was unfairly pulled over by the CHP and
> issued a ticket for speeding... could I ... I mean could he... attend
> traffic school online and remove the point from his driving record!

Well, the one (only one) I found just says you get a discount on
insurance.

> This sounds too good to be true, and I couldn't imagine that
> traditional traffic school... sitting in a classroom for an entire
> weekend... has been replaced with an online option.

I always thought that weekend in a very very small room (hey, what's
that
mop doing in the corner? This isn't the utility closet is it?) was
the
punishment. Ok fine, we'll take the point off your record, but only
after you make it through this class without falling asleep. Oh,
btw...we keep the temperature turned up high in there, the teacher is
the
guy from Ferris Bueller and he's NOT funny like on the game show, and
we
also lower the oxygen level of the air we circulate.

> If you have any experience with this, please let me know and I'll...
> uhhh... ummm... forward the details to my friend. Thanks!

Well, I DID see the episode of King of the Hill where they had a
chocolate lover's driving school, and a comedy driving school, and I
think like a fishing driving school...does that count? The only
online
one I couldfind will most likely not help, it is in Texas.
http://www.txdriving.com/

Howard

--
Minister of All Things Digital & Electronic, and Holder of Past
Knowledge
From: Bob )

View this article only
Newsgroups: newsguy.general
Date: 2002-01-17 14:05:33 PST

>> Howdy all,
>>
>> I'd like to post a hypothetical question to the group, and would
>> appreciate any comments that you might have.

>Are peanut gallery comments allowed too?

That's what I... I mean my friend... was hoping for

>> This sounds too good to be true, and I couldn't imagine that
>> traditional traffic school... sitting in a classroom for an entire
>> weekend... has been replaced with an online option.

>I always thought that weekend in a very very small room (hey, what's

that
>mop doing in the corner? This isn't the utility closet is it?) was

the
>punishment. Ok fine, we'll take the point off your record, but only
>after you make it through this class without falling asleep. Oh,
>btw...we keep the temperature turned up high in there, the teacher is

the
>guy from Ferris Bueller and he's NOT funny like on the game show, and

we
>also lower the oxygen level of the air we circulate.

Hey... were we in the same traffic school internet traffic school ,
internet traffic schools , online traffic schools , traffic schools ,
cheapest traffic schools, best traffic schools class. ;'>

Like you said, it's bad enough that you have to give up an entire
weekend, but
they usually conduct the class in an elementary school, and everyone
spends the
first hour trying to cram their butts behind desks that were intended
for 4th
graders.

The remainder of the class is spent watching traffic safety videos
produced in
1930's, and trying to convince the instructor and fellow classmates
that you
were convicted of a crime you didn't commit.

>> If you have any experience with this, please let me know and

I'll...
>> uhhh... ummm... forward the details to my friend. Thanks!

>Well, I DID see the episode of King of the Hill where they had a
>chocolate lover's driving school, and a comedy driving school, and I
>think like a fishing driving school...does that count? The only

online
>one I couldfind will most likely not help, it is in Texas.

http://www.txdriving.com/

Fishing/Driving school, sign me up! California DMV lists several
alternative
schools.... including a few online classroom options... and I wasn't
sure if
they accomplished the same thing as the traditional traffic school.

Thanks for the comments Howard, I appreciate it.

Best regards,

Message 4 in thread
From: Joe )

View this article only
Newsgroups: newsguy.general
Date: 2002-01-17 12:21:26 PST

In article >,
says...

>Howdy all,
>
>I'd like to post a hypothetical question to the group, and would

appreciate any
>comments that you might have.
>
>Let's say that a friend of mine was driving his Chevy Blazer home

from work...
>and out of the blue his leg cramped up... forcing his right foot onto

the gas
>pedal... and accelerating his vehicle slightly past the posted speed

limit.

>In the event that my friend was unfairly pulled over by the CHP and

issued a
>ticket for speeding... could I ... I mean could he... attend traffic

school
>online and remove the point from his driving record!

Hey... were we in the same traffic school internet traffic school ,
internet traffic schools , online traffic schools , traffic schools ,
cheapest traffic schools, best traffic schools class. ;'>

>This sounds too good to be true, and I couldn't imagine that

traditional traffic
>school... sitting in a classroom for an entire weekend... has been

replaced with
>an online option.
>
>If you have any experience with this, please let me know and I'll...

uhhh...
>ummm... forward the details to my friend. Thanks!
>
>Best regards,

Is this person also known as Bob RoadRage.Com?
Message 5 in thread
From: Bob )

View this article only
Newsgroups: newsguy.general
Date: 2002-01-17 13:22:11 PST

On 17 Jan 2002 11:58:47 -0800, Joe said...

>In article >,
says...

>>Howdy all,
>>
>>I'd like to post a hypothetical question to the group, and would

appreciate any
>>comments that you might have.
>>
>>Let's say that a friend of mine was driving his Chevy Blazer home

from work...
>>and out of the blue his leg cramped up... forcing his right foot

onto the gas
>>pedal... and accelerating his vehicle slightly past the posted speed

limit.

>>In the event that my friend was unfairly pulled over by the CHP and

issued a
>>ticket for speeding... could I ... I mean could he... attend traffic

school
>>online and remove the point from his driving record!
>>
>>This sounds too good to be true, and I couldn't imagine that

traditional traffic
>>school... sitting in a classroom for an entire weekend... has been

replaced with
>>an online option.
>>
>>If you have any experience with this, please let me know and I'll...

uhhh...
>>ummm... forward the details to my friend. Thanks!
>>
>>Best regards,

>Is this person also known as Bob RoadRage.Com?

I have no knowledge of such a person, and would be unable to comment
on that...
hey you... yeah you... why don't you use your #$*%$@ blinkers...
arrgghh, the
speed limits 60 MPH you knucklehead... arrgh... arr... what were we
talking
about?

Best regards,

Message 6 in thread
From: Joe )

View this article only
Newsgroups: newsguy.general
Date: 2002-01-17 14:05:47 PST

In article >,
says...

>On 17 Jan 2002 11:58:47 -0800, Joe said...
>>
>>In article >,
says...

>>>Howdy all,
>>>
>>>I'd like to post a hypothetical question to the group, and would

appreciate any
>>>comments that you might have.
>>>
>>>Let's say that a friend of mine was driving his Chevy Blazer home

from work...
>>>and out of the blue his leg cramped up... forcing his right foot

onto the gas
>>>pedal... and accelerating his vehicle slightly past the posted

speed limit.

>>>In the event that my friend was unfairly pulled over by the CHP and

issued a
>>>ticket for speeding... could I ... I mean could he... attend

traffic school
>>>online and remove the point from his driving record!
>>>
>>>This sounds too good to be true, and I couldn't imagine that

traditional traffic
>>>school... sitting in a classroom for an entire weekend... has been

replaced with
>>>an online option.
>>>
>>>If you have any experience with this, please let me know and

I'll... uhhh...
>>>ummm... forward the details to my friend. Thanks!

Hey... were we in the same traffic school internet traffic school ,
internet traffic schools , online traffic schools , traffic schools ,
cheapest traffic schools, best traffic schools class. ;'>

>>>Best regards,

>>Is this person also known as Bob RoadRage.Com?

>I have no knowledge of such a person, and would be unable to comment

on that...
>hey you... yeah you... why don't you use your #$*%$@ blinkers...

arrgghh, the
>speed limits 60 MPH you knucklehead... arrgh... arr... what were we

talking
>about?
>
>Best regards,

I have a very useful approach to dealing with stress on the road. I
lean back,
close my eyes and nap until I get where I am going. Oh, think I forgot
mention I never drive. All of you guys spend too much time on the
road.

Joe
Message 7 in thread
From: T-Bone )

View this article only
Newsgroups: newsguy.general
Date: 2002-01-17 12:38:07 PST

On 17 Jan 2002 11:35:24 -0800,
(Bob) wrote:

>Howdy all,
>
>I'd like to post a hypothetical question to the group, and would

appreciate any
>comments that you might have.
>
>Let's say that a friend of mine was driving his Chevy Blazer home

from work...
>and out of the blue his leg cramped up... forcing his right foot onto

the gas
>pedal... and accelerating his vehicle slightly past the posted speed

limit.

>In the event that my friend was unfairly pulled over by the CHP and

issued a
>ticket for speeding... could I ... I mean could he... attend traffic

school
>online and remove the point from his driving record!
>
>This sounds too good to be true, and I couldn't imagine that

traditional traffic
>school... sitting in a classroom for an entire weekend... has been

replaced with
>an online option.

>If you have any experience with this, please let me know and I'll...

uhhh...
>ummm... forward the details to my friend. Thanks!
>
>Best regards,

Bob,
if you go to this URL you will find a list of school's here in
California.

http://dir.yahoo.com/Regional/U_S__S...affic_Schools/

I hope this will help your friend out.

T-Bone
Message 8 in thread
From: Bob )

View this article only
Newsgroups: newsguy.general
Date: 2002-01-17 14:05:38 PST

>Bob,
>if you go to this URL you will find a list of school's here in
>California.
>
>http://dir.yahoo.com/Regional/U_S__S...affic_Schools/
>

>I hope this will help your friend out.
>
>T-Bone

Good deal T-Bone, and thanks for sending over the URL, it was a big
help. From
what I gather, it looks like there is a legitimate online alternative,
and it
actually looks cheaper than the traditional traffic school option.
Thanks!

Best regards,

Message 9 in thread
From: Charles Eicher )

View this article only
Newsgroups: newsguy.general
Date: 2002-01-17 13:22:10 PST

In article >,
says...

>Howdy all,
>
>I'd like to post a hypothetical question to the group, and would

appreciate any
>comments that you might have.
>
>Let's say that a friend of mine was driving his Chevy Blazer home

from work...
>and out of the blue his leg cramped up... forcing his right foot onto

the gas
>pedal... and accelerating his vehicle slightly past the posted speed

limit.

It is widely reported that those leg cramps can be alleviated by
getting out and
walking around a lot, or by riding a bicycle. Also some people have
reported
that smaller, fuel efficient vehicles tend to induce fewer leg cramps
from
pressing on the gas pedal.

Hey... were we in the same traffic school internet traffic school ,
internet traffic schools , online traffic schools , traffic schools ,
cheapest traffic schools, best traffic schools class. ;'>

>In the event that my friend was unfairly pulled over by the CHP and

issued a
>ticket for speeding... could I ... I mean could he... attend traffic

school
>online and remove the point from his driving record!
>
>This sounds too good to be true, and I couldn't imagine that

traditional traffic
>school... sitting in a classroom for an entire weekend... has been

replaced with
>an online option.
>
>If you have any experience with this, please let me know and I'll...

uhhh...
>ummm... forward the details to my friend. Thanks!

Yes it does exist. Just out of curiosity, I actually tried an online
driving
school site when I first heard about it. This site offered their
course to the
public for educational purposes, in case your idea of fun is taking
driving
courses in your spare time. It is just as tedious, if not more
tedious than
live traffic school. No, you won't enjoy it one bit. It's like being
stuck
inside the CA Driver's Manual for hours.
Message 10 in thread
From: Bob )

View this article only
Newsgroups: newsguy.general
Date: 2002-01-17 14:06:16 PST

On 17 Jan 2002 13:01:55 -0800,
said...

>In article >,
says...

>>Howdy all,
>>
>>I'd like to post a hypothetical question to the group, and would

appreciate any
>>comments that you might have.
>>
>>Let's say that a friend of mine was driving his Chevy Blazer home

from work...
>>and out of the blue his leg cramped up... forcing his right foot

onto the gas
>>pedal... and accelerating his vehicle slightly past the posted speed

limit.

>It is widely reported that those leg cramps can be alleviated by

getting out and
>walking around a lot, or by riding a bicycle. Also some people have

reported
>that smaller, fuel efficient vehicles tend to induce fewer leg cramps

from
>pressing on the gas pedal.

Hey... were we in the same traffic school internet traffic school ,
internet traffic schools , online traffic schools , traffic schools ,
cheapest traffic schools, best traffic schools class. ;'>

>>In the event that my friend was unfairly pulled over by the CHP and

issued a
>>ticket for speeding... could I ... I mean could he... attend traffic

school
>>online and remove the point from his driving record!
>>
>>This sounds too good to be true, and I couldn't imagine that

traditional traffic
>>school... sitting in a classroom for an entire weekend... has been

replaced with
>>an online option.
>>
>>If you have any experience with this, please let me know and I'll...

uhhh...
>>ummm... forward the details to my friend. Thanks!

>Yes it does exist. Just out of curiosity, I actually tried an online

driving
>school site when I first heard about it. This site offered their

course to the
>public for educational purposes, in case your idea of fun is taking

driving
>courses in your spare time. It is just as tedious, if not more

tedious than
>live traffic school. No, you won't enjoy it one bit. It's like being

stuck
>inside the CA Driver's Manual for hours.

While I totally agree that traffic school sucks regardless of the
locale... an
online version would allow me to attend class while simultaneously
watching this
weekend's playoff games in my boxer shorts. A tempting proposition
indeed.

Best regards,