Most Big Suv/Truck owners deserve what they're they're paying at thegas pump

Old June 5th 08, 06:16 AM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

Default Most Big Suv/Truck owners deserve what they're they're paying at thegas pump

They always shine their lights into cars rear view mirrors, they
always block other people's view and cause accidents in parking lots
even when they're parked with nobody in them.
SUVs and Trucks aren't any safer than cars as death rates and crash
tests prove, SUVs and Trucks are only good at hurting the people more
and killing more of the people who get hit by the SUV or Truck, and
not any better at protecting the people inside the SUV or Truck. The
only people who should use SUVs or Large trucks are people who have a
legit reason like towing a boat, horse trailer, job requirement, going
on a African Safari, etc. All the people who bought SUVs and Trucks
just to "look cool" when they should have really bought a station
wagon to fit all their needs deserve ALL THE PAIN THEY GET AT THE
PUMP.
If all those people who bought SUVs to look cool who only needed a
fuel efficient station wagon or their needs had bought the station
wagon instead, then the 4000+ soldiers who died in Iraq so you can
fill up your SUV may still be alive.
Old June 5th 08, 06:49 AM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette

so drive your foreign little car and wish the economy was better. BUY
AMERICAN or you are part of the problem
old john
1999 chevrolet Tahoe

Hello, Sal!
You wrote on Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:16:30 -0700 (PDT):

S> They always shine their lights into cars rear view mirrors, they
S> always block other people's view and cause accidents in parking lots
S> even when they're parked with nobody in them.
S> SUVs and Trucks aren't any safer than cars as death rates and crash
S> tests prove, SUVs and Trucks are only good at hurting the people more
S> and killing more of the people who get hit by the SUV or Truck, and
S> not any better at protecting the people inside the SUV or Truck. The
S> only people who should use SUVs or Large trucks are people who have a
S> legit reason like towing a boat, horse trailer, job requirement, going
S> on a African Safari, etc. All the people who bought SUVs and Trucks
S> just to "look cool" when they should have really bought a station
S> wagon to fit all their needs deserve ALL THE PAIN THEY GET AT THE
S> PUMP.
S> If all those people who bought SUVs to look cool who only needed a
S> fuel efficient station wagon or their needs had bought the station
S> wagon instead, then the 4000+ soldiers who died in Iraq so you can
S> fill up your SUV may still be alive.

With best regards, . E-mail:

Old June 5th 08, 11:34 AM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Moe[_3_]

wrote:
> so drive your foreign little car and wish the economy was better. BUY
> AMERICAN or you are part of the problem
> old john
> 1999 chevrolet Tahoe
>
> Hello, Sal!
> You wrote on Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:16:30 -0700 (PDT):
>
> S> They always shine their lights into cars rear view mirrors, they
> S> always block other people's view and cause accidents in parking lots
> S> even when they're parked with nobody in them.
> S> SUVs and Trucks aren't any safer than cars as death rates and crash
> S> tests prove, SUVs and Trucks are only good at hurting the people more
> S> and killing more of the people who get hit by the SUV or Truck, and
> S> not any better at protecting the people inside the SUV or Truck. The
> S> only people who should use SUVs or Large trucks are people who have a
> S> legit reason like towing a boat, horse trailer, job requirement, going
> S> on a African Safari, etc. All the people who bought SUVs and Trucks
> S> just to "look cool" when they should have really bought a station
> S> wagon to fit all their needs deserve ALL THE PAIN THEY GET AT THE
> S> PUMP.
> S> If all those people who bought SUVs to look cool who only needed a
> S> fuel efficient station wagon or their needs had bought the station
> S> wagon instead, then the 4000+ soldiers who died in Iraq so you can
> S> fill up your SUV may still be alive.
>
> With best regards,
. E-mail:

I used to always drive GM and Ford cars and pickups, including a
couple of corvettes. Then years ago one time due to a wreck and limited
funds I wound up driving a used Datsun. I saved enough on gas to make
the payments on it and that caught my attention but I sold it for what I
paid after a few months and went back to a big Chevy. Gas went up (this
was in the late 70's) and I bought a used Toyota because it had a
working air conditioner. I noticed the monthly gasoline bill was half
what it was, which was 150 bucks from 300 at the time and that Toyota
just ran and ran. I'd planned on keeping it till it quit, but it never
did quit and I finally sold it when I got a newer one. I've been
pretty much sold on Hondas and Toyotas every since. I'm retired now,
and a lot of the early retirement was due to the low cost per mile of
the cars I drove which were mostly good used Toyotas and Hondas. I
drove a lot and was paid mileage and over 25 years of lots of driving it
added up.
Tuesday I took my mom to the doctor and I drove about 400 miles in my
98 Toyota Tuesday using the AC the whole time, I filled it up yesterday
for 40 bucks with gas at 3.77/gal.
So do what you want, drive what you want, but sometime figure the
actual cost per mile of your status symbol and if it's worth it to you,
go for it. I choose to save the money, and use it for other things.
Old June 5th 08, 01:15 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Mike Dobony

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:49:35 -0700, wrote:

> so drive your foreign little car and wish the economy was better. BUY
> AMERICAN or you are part of the problem
> old john
> 1999 chevrolet Tahoe
>
> Hello, Sal!
> You wrote on Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:16:30 -0700 (PDT):
>
> S> They always shine their lights into cars rear view mirrors, they
> S> always block other people's view and cause accidents in parking lots
> S> even when they're parked with nobody in them.
> S> SUVs and Trucks aren't any safer than cars as death rates and crash
> S> tests prove, SUVs and Trucks are only good at hurting the people more
> S> and killing more of the people who get hit by the SUV or Truck, and
> S> not any better at protecting the people inside the SUV or Truck. The
> S> only people who should use SUVs or Large trucks are people who have a
> S> legit reason like towing a boat, horse trailer, job requirement, going
> S> on a African Safari, etc. All the people who bought SUVs and Trucks
> S> just to "look cool" when they should have really bought a station
> S> wagon to fit all their needs deserve ALL THE PAIN THEY GET AT THE
> S> PUMP.
> S> If all those people who bought SUVs to look cool who only needed a
> S> fuel efficient station wagon or their needs had bought the station
> S> wagon instead, then the 4000+ soldiers who died in Iraq so you can
> S> fill up your SUV may still be alive.

Sorry, missed the original post.

You are a total moron. Iraq is about terrorism. Saddam not only trained
terrorists, but also paid rewards to families of suicide bombers. He
threatened other countries and continued clandestine weapons development.
When the UN inspected sites, files had been removed before their arrival.
Saddam was mad, but like Hitler, not stupid. The UN on the other hand . .
.. told Saddam where they were going to inspect days before the inspection.
How many criminals would be caught if the judges required a waiting period
and advanced notice for serving papers and drug raids? Talk about
STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> With best regards,
. E-mail:
Old June 5th 08, 01:19 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Bob Drake

I agree - buy American - there are fuel efficient cars out there. Even flex
fuel

Old June 5th 08, 01:46 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:16:30 -0700, Sal wrote:

> All the people who bought SUVs and Trucks just to "look cool" when they
> should have really bought a station wagon to fit all their needs deserve
> ALL THE PAIN THEY GET AT THE PUMP.

The problem with this is they are causing us all pain, since these large
vehicles increase demand. We all pay for gas used (or over used) by these
things.

> If all those people who bought SUVs to look cool who only needed a fuel
> efficient station wagon or their needs had bought the station wagon
> instead, then the 4000+ soldiers who died in Iraq so you can fill up
> your SUV may still be alive.

Not necessarily. The "blood for oil" thing never really paid off, did it?

Old June 5th 08, 01:47 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:49:35 -0700, ajeeperman wrote:

> so drive your foreign little car and wish the economy was better. BUY
> AMERICAN or you are part of the problem old john
> 1999 chevrolet Tahoe

GM especially keeps missing the mark at what people want.

Old June 5th 08, 02:19 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
SMS

Bob Drake wrote:
> I agree - buy American - there are fuel efficient cars out there. Even
> flex fuel

Buy U.S.A. built cars, not American nameplate cars built outside the U.S..

The Corolla is built in a UAW plant in California. Good choice for those
that want a quality small car that's actually built in the U.S., not
Mexico or Canada.
Old June 5th 08, 02:32 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
SMS

SMS wrote:
> Bob Drake wrote:
>> I agree - buy American - there are fuel efficient cars out there.
>> Even flex fuel

> Buy U.S.A. built cars, not American nameplate cars built outside the U.S..
>
> The Corolla is built in a UAW plant in California. Good choice for those
> that want a quality small car that's actually built in the U.S., not
> Mexico or Canada.

For GM, you can see which vehicles are built in which factory at
"http://www.gminsidenews.com/index.php?page=factory_guide"

For Ford, see "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_factories".
They recently announced that their new sub-compact, the Fiesta, will be
built in Mexico.
Old June 5th 08, 02:54 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
C. E. White[_1_]

"Mike Dobony" > wrote in message
.. .

> Sorry, missed the original post.
>
> You are a total moron. Iraq is about terrorism. Saddam not only
> trained
> terrorists, but also paid rewards to families of suicide bombers.

Can't many of these same things be said about the rulers of Saudi
Arabia -our supposedly good friends? And if you are honest, didn't we
do the same sort of things in Afghanistan back when it was sort of
under Soviet domination?

Ed

Ed