Fuel pressure issue - 95 Astro - please help

Old February 6th 05, 03:50 PM
Steve W.

No problem to siphon the fuel out of a TRUCK. haven't seen one that has
anything to block the fill yet. Some AUTOS do have though.

--
Steve Williams

"Bob" > wrote in message
news

> "Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:58:45 GMT, "Rich" > wrote:
> >

> > wrote in message
> roups.com...

exaust/convert

> >>Have you replaced the external fuel filter? First thing to replace

and
> >>the
> >>cheapest.
> >>
> >>If not that I will suspect the filter or pump in the tank. A lot of

labor
> >>there emptying the tank.

> > No labor emptying tank. Use a siphon hose, and then to get the last
> > bits, run the engine until it stalls from no fuel. Depending on how
> > much fuel is in the tank now, just put it into a couple of

large-sized
> > gasoline cans.
> >
> > Lg
> >

> Another nice try Larry, stick a siphon hose in your Taurus and let us

know

Old February 6th 05, 03:58 PM
TranSurgeon

"Bob" > wrote in message

> "TranSurgeon" > wrote in message

exaust/convert

> >> Nice guess Larry but since his PCM has absolutely no clue what the fuel
> >> pressure is, your data logger won't work. It may be able to moniter

> > several
> >> things but fuel pressure isn't among them.
> >> Bob

> > not directly, but here's a thought:
> >
> > I get a LOT of GM trucks with a 'no 4th gear' complaint
> >
> > if you drive it just right, it WILL go into 4th............but the

problem
> > is plugged fuel filter, thus more throttle pressure, thus ECM keeps it

in
> > third
> >
> > SO:
> >
> > do what I do to demonstrate to the customer where the problem
> > is...............monitor O2 sensors + injector pulse width
> >
> > if you see O2 going lean and at the same time the IPW is getting longer
> > and
> > longer, you have a fuel delivery problem.............filter or pump
> >
> > just a thought

> That's true enough Gary, but it still doesn't change the fact that

Glickman
> is full of ****.... yet again.... The PCM doesn't have a clue what the

fuel
> pressure is.

oh, I know

I just thought it might help somebody else.........some one who's not
suffering from 'cranio-rectitis'

> It may think the engine is lean due to the feedback it gets
> from the O2 sensors and increase the fuel trim to compensate. But it still
> doesn't know if the problem is fuel pressure, a bad sensor, or something
> else. It just knows it is having to add fuel to get an O2 response and

will

Old February 6th 05, 06:06 PM
Bob

"TaskMule" > wrote in message

> "Bob" > wrote in message
> news
>>
>> "Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
>> > On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:58:45 GMT, "Rich" > wrote:
>> >

>> > wrote in message
>> roups.com...

> exaust/convert

> labor
>> >
>> > No labor emptying tank. Use a siphon hose, and then to get the last
>> > bits, run the engine until it stalls from no fuel. Depending on how
>> > much fuel is in the tank now, just put it into a couple of large-sized
>> > gasoline cans.
>> >
>> > Lg
>> >

>> Another nice try Larry, stick a siphon hose in your Taurus and let us
>> know
>> how much luck you have siphoning the fuel out of it.
>> Bob

> Actually if your removing the tank one of the first things you do is
> disconnect the filler pipe. Then you siphon. It doesn't get any easier. As
> for running the engine till the last bit is out, a total waste of time.

Who said anything about removing the tank? Hell, the whole idea that his
fuel is contaminated was just someone's brain fart. It's time he quits
throwing parts at it and listening to nitwits like glickman and starts doing
some diagnosing.
Bob

Old February 6th 05, 08:09 PM
TaskMule

"Bob" > wrote in message ...

> "TaskMule" > wrote in message

snip

> > Actually if your removing the tank one of the first things you do is
> > disconnect the filler pipe. Then you siphon. It doesn't get any easier.

As
> > for running the engine till the last bit is out, a total waste of time.
> >

> Who said anything about removing the tank? Hell, the whole idea that his
> fuel is contaminated was just someone's brain fart. It's time he quits
> throwing parts at it and listening to nitwits like glickman and starts

doing
> some diagnosing.
> Bob

I couldn't agree more

Old February 6th 05, 08:33 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:09:01 -0500, "TaskMule"
> wrote:

>"Bob" > wrote in message ...
>>
>> "TaskMule" > wrote in message

>snip
>
>> > Actually if your removing the tank one of the first things you do is
>> > disconnect the filler pipe. Then you siphon. It doesn't get any easier.

>As
>> > for running the engine till the last bit is out, a total waste of time.
>> >

>> Who said anything about removing the tank? Hell, the whole idea that his
>> fuel is contaminated was just someone's brain fart. It's time he quits
>> throwing parts at it and listening to nitwits like glickman and starts

>doing
>> some diagnosing.
>> Bob

Foaming at the mouth again are we bobby socks?
Whatever you've got, keep it to yourself. There isn't a vaccine
presently on the market that could possibly deal with your disease.

I request to see your "credentials." Went to auto-shop at high school
perhaps? Lincoln Technical Institute, or maybe you're just a hack car
breaker who came up the hard way, breaking one car at a time along the
way.

I imagine your career has peaked, and you're never going anywhere
beyond where you are now, which is changing oil and topping up
radiators. Must suck to be you, but then, you get what you deserve.

Lg

>I couldn't agree more

Changes tune midstream.
Nitwits.
Monitoring fuel pressure is a non issue. It is easy to do. You all
try to make it sound like rocket science to boost your own egos, but
there are many amateurs that know the magic secrets you pretend to
have hoarded all to yourselves.

Lg

Old February 7th 05, 12:57 AM
Bob

"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
> Foaming at the mouth again are we bobby socks?
> Whatever you've got, keep it to yourself. There isn't a vaccine
> presently on the market that could possibly deal with your disease.
>
> I request to see your "credentials." Went to auto-shop at high school
> perhaps? Lincoln Technical Institute, or maybe you're just a hack car
> breaker who came up the hard way, breaking one car at a time along the
> way.
>
> I imagine your career has peaked, and you're never going anywhere
> beyond where you are now, which is changing oil and topping up
> radiators. Must suck to be you, but then, you get what you deserve.
>
> Lg

Wrong on all counts numb nuts....

>>I couldn't agree more

> Changes tune midstream.
> Nitwits.
> Monitoring fuel pressure is a non issue. It is easy to do. You all
> try to make it sound like rocket science to boost your own egos, but
> there are many amateurs that know the magic secrets you pretend to
> have hoarded all to yourselves.

For once Larry you are right........ there ARE amateurs that know a lot
about auto repair, you just aren't one of them. You are just here wasting
peoples time and resources with your useless suggestions.
Bob

Old February 7th 05, 01:41 AM
Lawrence Glickman

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:57:34 -0600, "Bob" > wrote:

>"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Foaming at the mouth again are we bobby socks?
>> Whatever you've got, keep it to yourself. There isn't a vaccine
>> presently on the market that could possibly deal with your disease.
>>
>> I request to see your "credentials." Went to auto-shop at high school
>> perhaps? Lincoln Technical Institute, or maybe you're just a hack car
>> breaker who came up the hard way, breaking one car at a time along the
>> way.
>>
>> I imagine your career has peaked, and you're never going anywhere
>> beyond where you are now, which is changing oil and topping up
>> radiators. Must suck to be you, but then, you get what you deserve.
>>
>> Lg

>Wrong on all counts numb nuts....
>
>>>I couldn't agree more

>> Changes tune midstream.
>> Nitwits.
>> Monitoring fuel pressure is a non issue. It is easy to do. You all
>> try to make it sound like rocket science to boost your own egos, but
>> there are many amateurs that know the magic secrets you pretend to
>> have hoarded all to yourselves.

>For once Larry you are right........ there ARE amateurs that know a lot
>about auto repair, you just aren't one of them. You are just here wasting
>peoples time and resources with your useless suggestions.
> Bob

It is inescapable to the casual observer, that you NEVER ANSWER ANY
QUESTIONS, but rather just spew vitriolic.

I asked you for Credentials, evidently you have none to present.

Nuff said.

Lg

Old February 7th 05, 02:42 AM
Bob

"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
>>For once Larry you are right........ there ARE amateurs that know a lot
>>about auto repair, you just aren't one of them. You are just here wasting
>>peoples time and resources with your useless suggestions.
>> Bob
>>

> It is inescapable to the casual observer, that you NEVER ANSWER ANY
> QUESTIONS, but rather just spew vitriolic.
>
> I asked you for Credentials, evidently you have none to present.
>
> Nuff said.
>
> Lg

You said you could get fuel pressure readings from the data stream of a 95
Astro, and you have the nerve to ask ME for credentials? You're the one
doing all the spewing.... all I did was point that fact out. Why don't you
go ahead and explain just how you can get fuel pressure readings from the
data stream..........
Bob

Old February 7th 05, 02:50 AM
Lawrence Glickman

Old February 7th 05, 05:39 AM
Bob

"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
> I imagine your career has peaked, and you're never going anywhere
> beyond where you are now, which is changing oil and topping up
> radiators. Must suck to be you, but then, you get what you deserve.
>
> Lg

Well gee Larry, the only road to my shop was closed for two months last
summer. While there was access to my shop through a park many customers had
a hard time finding me, taking a short cut through the park or across
neighboring lawns. One week after the road reopened we were hit with the
worst flood in this towns history (8ft deep in my shop). In spite of all
that last year was my best ever. You want credentials? I could type a long
list of them but what would be the point? The only thing that really matters
is that my customers are happy and keep coming back. By the way I rarely
work on cars any more, I have employees for that. Things are damn good and
only getting better. I get paid for repairing cars, pointing out your
stupidity I consider a public service. Of coarse if you were to quit
flapping your gums when you don't know what you're talking about my service
wouldn't be needed any more.
Bob