01 SL1 Automatic Transmission HELP!!

Old August 23rd 04, 03:51 AM
bjohnson8379

Default 01 SL1 Automatic Transmission HELP!!

Hi. Today I changed the transmission fluid and filter on my 01 SL1
automatic. After changing, my "check engine soon" light came on and my
transmisson is shifting rough??? I used Dextron III and the fluid level
is showing full. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!

Old August 23rd 04, 08:21 PM
TC

In article
outautos.com>,
"bjohnson8379" > wrote:

> Hi. Today I changed the transmission fluid and filter on my 01 SL1
> automatic. After changing, my "check engine soon" light came on and my
> transmisson is shifting rough??? I used Dextron III and the fluid level
> is showing full. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!

Check that you didn't disconnect the trans temp sensor wire by mistake
when you changed the filter. It's right beside the filter, and very easy
to pull/rip off.
Old August 26th 04, 07:27 PM
plumnice2u

Look on google and type in valve body saturn scroll to saturn transmission
problems ,I have beeen having this problem since 60,000 or so miles and i
just do not have money to fix but sure its your problem and saturn will
not back you.

Old August 26th 04, 07:28 PM
plumnice2u

look on google type in valve body saturn scroll to saturn transmission
problems , I have had this problem and no money to fix it since 60,000
miles now at 72,000 saturn will not back you.

Old August 26th 04, 09:33 PM
Philip Nasadowski

In article
outautos.com>,
"plumnice2u" > wrote:

> I have had this problem and no money to fix it since 60,000
> miles now at 72,000 saturn will not back you.

Well, yeah. I don't know anyone who'd give you a freebie repair after
you've put 12,000 miles on a busted transmission, given that in some
cases, even a hundred miles after they start acting up can basically
waste everything. If it's a seal issue, 12,000 miles is more than
enough to flat out cook the thing good.