'99 Passat, want new CD player to control OEM 6 disc changer.

Old September 6th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default '99 Passat, want new CD player to control OEM 6 disc changer.

Well right now I have a Pioneer CD player taken from my old car, and it
has the basic Pioneer IP-BUS port (i believe it's called that) for
controlling compatible disc changers. Well I'm wondering if there is
any type of adapter to convert the factory disc changer to utilize this
CD player's control function.

I'd hate to put the 6-disc changer to waste.

Old September 6th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Mister.Lull

I would try some car stereo sites, like cardomain.com (click the
'store' link) or partsexpress.com. Cardomain has a feature where you
can look up stuff by entering your vehicle's information and it then
tells you what fits. Parts express has a whole lot of car stereo
equipment, but I don't think it has a vehicle fit guide... I'm sure
that an adapter such as this exists, you just have to find it...
~Mister.Lull