How to remove a disc from a BMW 6-Disc CD changer

Old January 3rd 06, 04:53 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default How to remove a disc from a BMW 6-Disc CD changer

I had a new trunk-mounted 6-disc MP3 player installed in my E36 and
had my old factory-installed BMW 6-disc CD player removed. Had a new
head unit installed, too.

I forgot to remove the old CD player's disc magazine and I have a CD
in the "Play Position."

How can I manually remove the magazine and how can I manually remove
the CD in the play position? Or do I have to hook up the old head
unit, hook up the old CD player and push the EJECT button?

Tom
Old January 3rd 06, 07:50 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

"Tom" > wrote in message
>I had a new trunk-mounted 6-disc MP3 player installed in my E36 and had my
>old factory-installed BMW 6-disc CD player removed. Had a new head unit
>installed, too.
>
> I forgot to remove the old CD player's disc magazine and I have a CD in
> the "Play Position."
>
> How can I manually remove the magazine and how can I manually remove the
> CD in the play position? Or do I have to hook up the old head unit, hook
> up the old CD player and push the EJECT button?
>
> Tom

The cartridge has a little eject button or something, or you can just pull
it out. AFAIK the discs are only in the play position when the unit is
playing, and the disk is return to the cartridge (but position remembered)
when it is not in use (e.g when using the radio or off). Whenever I have
taken cartridges out the disks have always been in it not in the play heads.

Don't know why you would have a 6 disk MP3 player, when you could probably
get a hard disk one, with many times the capacity for less.

Old January 4th 06, 11:54 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Tom wrote:
> I had a new trunk-mounted 6-disc MP3 player installed in my E36 and had
> my old factory-installed BMW 6-disc CD player removed. Had a new head
> unit installed, too.
>
> I forgot to remove the old CD player's disc magazine and I have a CD in
> the "Play Position."
>
> How can I manually remove the magazine and how can I manually remove the
> CD in the play position? Or do I have to hook up the old head unit,
> hook up the old CD player and push the EJECT button?
>
> Tom

Should only need to hook up power to the old changer to eject the disk

--
-Fred W