600 mile range Federal law needed

Old September 5th 05, 11:54 AM
Happy Traveler

There is only one reason for me to wish for a larger fuel tank: be able to
cross the otherwise great state of Oregon without buying gas. Are you guys
going to change that ridiculous 'no self serve' law in any foreseeable
future? Is there anything genetically wrong with Oregon residents making
them unable to stick a nozzle in their gas tank when they grow up past high
school age? For goodness sake, find something productive to do for those
5000 kids 'employed' in your gas stations!

> I don't believe this is the case across the nation. Here in Oregon

gasoline

Old September 5th 05, 01:45 PM
Frank Ross

Its all ****in% bullshi%. gas is $2.99 in one town and $3.35 in another, not
20 miles apart. You, me and everyone else is being lied to. the only think
katrina had to do with the price of a gallon of fuel is that it was an
excuse that sounded plausable.
this is from a yankee in new hampshire.
by the way screw the 600 mile theory it sounds dumb. it just makes your car
a bigger bomb, duhhhhh.

Old September 5th 05, 03:12 PM
Bill Putney

Happy Traveler wrote:

> There is only one reason for me to wish for a larger fuel tank: be able to
> cross the otherwise great state of Oregon without buying gas. Are you guys
> going to change that ridiculous 'no self serve' law in any foreseeable
> future? Is there anything genetically wrong with Oregon residents making
> them unable to stick a nozzle in their gas tank when they grow up past high
> school age? For goodness sake, find something productive to do for those
> 5000 kids 'employed' in your gas stations!

Isn't this or wasn't this the case also in NJ? Liberal union crap.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old September 5th 05, 03:43 PM
tim bur

half of america can not afford to buy cars now they have to lease them
get real with what you say the price will go out of sight
what we need to do is is figure out hydrogen storage for cars and we can tell
the oil companys to **** off

Old September 5th 05, 03:55 PM
Bill Putney

tim bur wrote:

> half of america can not afford to buy cars now they have to lease them
> get real with what you say the price will go out of sight
> what we need to do is is figure out hydrogen storage for cars and we can tell
> the oil companys to **** off

Where do we get the hydrogen that takes more energy to produce
(separate) than the energy you get out? The reason our fossil fuels are
a net energy gain for us is that they've stored free energy from the sun
over centuries of exposure. If we have to pump the energy in that we
are going to get out (as in producing biofuels from raw plants, or in
separating out hydrogen) to run a vehicle, then you have a false economy
that will fail very quickly. Nuclear is one way to get a net energy
gain of pre-stored energy.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old September 5th 05, 04:19 PM
Howard Nelson

> I typically buy gasoline in Washington County. I live in PDX and the
prices
> with
> the city boundary appear to be at least 10-20 cents a gallon higher than
> right outside
> of it, such as in unincorporated Washington County (along US 26) and in
> East Multnomah county outside of Gresham.

I don't know the PDX situation but here in california cities and counties
may have their own additonal taxes on gasoline or may require special
formulation all of which may result in markedly different prices as you move
to and from their jurisdiction.

Howard

Old September 5th 05, 04:28 PM
me!

Thank you TED !!

I don't like to see the little guy get screwed anymore than anyone else
here.... however.. if there is EVER to be any "work" on alternative energy,
dino power has to get up there where the alternative people have a chance to
make a buck...( for the record Exxon stockholders voted against sinking
money into alternative energy) ... Sorry kiddies but when there's "no
change" (in something new) there isn't going to be any change or motivation
to change.
..

LIDAR Trial this Week [email protected] Driving 17 April 9th 06 02:44 AM
Taxing Drivers By The Mile: Part II Ed Stasiak Driving 61 June 10th 05 03:35 PM
"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 11:25 AM
Are japs controlling the Blue Ribbon Coalition? Sportsmen Against Bush 4x4 6 December 20th 03 03:58 AM