Opinions on T&C Minivan Brake Rotors & Disc Pads

Old August 25th 05, 02:45 AM
Matt Whiting

Bob Shuman wrote:

> Bill,
>
> Who makes these performance pads? Are they quiet or will they squeal (my
> wife will make me take them off if they are noisy.) Thanks.

Your wife will make you take them off, eh? Methinks I now understand
your REAL problem.

Matt
Old August 25th 05, 11:37 AM
jdoe

It doesn't pay to resurface rotors. My jobber doesn't even do it anymore.
There just isn't enough material in the newer stuff anymore and they can be
replaced too cheaply. I simply put rotors/drums on every time I do
pads/shoes.
Larry

Old September 25th 05, 06:38 AM
KWS

Here is an interesting article on the topic:

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...akedisk.shtml#

Ken

"Bob Shuman" > wrote in message
> I'm getting ready to do my wife's front brakes again on the 1999 T&C
> Minivan. It has 69K miles and this will be the third time the front pads
> and second time the rotors have needed to be replaced. The last couple of
> times I've gone with Raybestos Quiet Stop pads and their PG Plus rotors (I
> got away with resurfacing them last time around). Despite carefully
> torquing all the wheel lugs each and every time the wheels have been
> removed, they have not worn particularly well and with just 27K miles the
> pulsing has become unbearable, the stopping distance is absolutely

terrible,
> and the pads are worn down so will need replacing very shortly. (I plan

> do it when I get time come early September...)
>
> I'd like to hear opinions/experiences on the Wagner line of Severe Duty
> front disc pads as well as the Raybestos Brute Stop and Super Stop

compared
> with the current Quiet Stop pads I have been using. Also, any feedback on
> the Wagner rotors as compared to the Raybestos rotors would also be
> appreciated.
>
> The van sees a lot of short haul stop and go driving and adding to that is
> the fact that my wife is pretty hard on the brakes to begin with... To be
> clear, I would like to accomplish the following in priority order: 1)
> provide minimum stopping distance as this van is too heavy and does not

stop