1983 Dodge van.

Old September 15th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default 1983 Dodge van.

I saw an ad in the paper about a 1983 Dodge van I might be interested
in.When did Dodge come out with fuel injection?
cuhulin

Old September 15th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
HLS

> wrote in message
>I saw an ad in the paper about a 1983 Dodge van I might be interested
> in.When did Dodge come out with fuel injection?
> cuhulin

From 1988 through 1992, they were essentially throttle body fuel injected.
Afterwards, they went to multiport fuel injection.

Old September 15th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

So it is carburetor van? (1983 Dodge van) Good, I like that.
I think I will call that phone number.

Last Tuesday, I patched that hole (JB Weld) in the timing chain case
cover of my 1978 Dodge van, but there is another water leak.I think it
might be the gasket or a hole in the timing chain case cover.I would
have to remove the radiator and whatever else so I can see where the
leak is and have enough room to work on it.

I like the idea of having two vehicles anyway in case one breaks down, I
can drive the other one.
cuhulin

Old September 15th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
HLS

Yes, as far as I know, your 83 is probably a carburetor.
Old September 15th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

A few hours ago, I phoned the guy about the 1983 Dodge van.I asked him
if he would drive it over here so I can check the van out.He said, No, I
can't do that.I reckon come Saturday, I will see if I can hoodwink my
sister to run me over to check out the van.He is asking $1,500 for the
van.I wonder what the Blue Book says?
cuhulin

Old September 16th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
HLS

> wrote in message
>A few hours ago, I phoned the guy about the 1983 Dodge van.I asked him
> if he would drive it over here so I can check the van out.He said, No, I
> can't do that.I reckon come Saturday, I will see if I can hoodwink my
> sister to run me over to check out the van.He is asking $1,500 for the
> van.I wonder what the Blue Book says?
> cuhulin

Easy enough to find out. Check the internet.

$1500 is a lot for an old van like that. You can have my 97 for about twice
that.

Old September 16th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I never have bought a new or late model vehiclenbbefore.I don't want
anything that has throttle body or fuel injection.Maybe this
Saturday/weekend, I might check out that 1983 Dodge van,I need some
wheels.
cuhulin

Old September 16th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

The other water/coolant leak leaks out of the top right hand area of the
timing chain case cover of my 1978 Dodge van, 318 engine, the same area
where the other leak was which I patched with JB Weld last Tuesday, a
week ago.Like someone else posted before in another thread, there is a
water gallery in part of the timing chain case cover, I assume that is
correct.I have already cleaned (with acetone) one leak in the timing
chain case cover.Yesterday morning, I was filling up the radiator with
water, I saw water leaking out from somewhere behind the area I have
already patched with JB Weld.I can't see exactly where the second leak
is coming from.I am going to have to remove the grill and radiator and
whatever else is in the way.Yes, I know about certain bolts need RTV
(Permatex) on the threads.I have replaced a few water pumps before on
various old vehicles I have owned.Sooner or later, I am going to buy
another good old carburetor van.I reckon I dred working on my 1978 Dodge
van water leaks, et al.I have gotten lazy over the years what with
internet access and old movies on DirecTV.
cuhulin

Reposted old, lousy scans - better than babble from the resident coward: 1983 Dodge 400 Coupe Crimson Red Rt Frt Qtr.jpg 141194 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 December 8th 06 11:51 AM
Old scan reposts (all bad) 1983 Dodge Mirada Red Frt Qtr.jpg 193882 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 December 7th 06 11:55 AM
Old scan reposts (mostly bad) 1983 Dodge 400 Convertible Red High Rt Frt Qtr.jpg (Easynews) 186304 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 December 6th 06 01:41 PM
1983 dodge van w/318 engine quit running and wont start back fwtylerwayne Dodge 3 February 26th 05 11:23 PM
dodge 1983 hasn't been driven in 5 years pegfish Dodge 1 February 19th 05 03:42 PM