Figuring Out How Much a Hybrid, Diesel, or Small Car Will Save Per Year

Old October 27th 07, 08:20 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding

Default Figuring Out How Much a Hybrid, Diesel, or Small Car Will SavePer Year

Tegger wrote:
> Tony Harding > wrote in
> :
>

>> Geez, sorry to see this rant, Tegger, I respected you highly in the
>> past. All the more reason to can the political crap in this NG and
>> talk about Hondas.

> I'm done as of this post. I've said all I want to.

Excellent.

I thought you lived in Canada?
Old October 27th 07, 08:22 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.energy.automobile
Tony Harding

EdV wrote:
> On Oct 25, 2:40 am, who > wrote:
>> In article .com>,
>>
>> rick++ > wrote:
>>> I'd save 100 gallons a year going from a civic to a hybrid.
>>> I figured the payback was about 11 years, not counting
>>> increased maintenance costs of a more complex vehicle.
>>> To the green-snobs out there, I am already driving one
>>> the top 5% top mileage vehicles in the USA.

>> For 11 years you need to include main battery replacement, before that.
>> Did you, it costs big bucks?

> hybrid car batteries will be recycled and used in weapons of mass
> destruction

Whoa, now you have the Bushies' attention!
Old October 27th 07, 01:37 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Tony Harding > wrote in news:wFBUi.13493$BT5.3765
@newsfe18.lga:

> I thought you lived in Canada?

I do.

--
Tegger

Old October 27th 07, 11:32 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.energy.automobile
Grumpy AuContraire

Tegger wrote:
> "Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" > wrote in
> :
>

>>In message , Tegger sprach
>>forth the following:

>>>What does Ron Paul want to do about illegal Mexican immigration?

>>Look at his website:
>>
>>http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/bo...igration-refor
>>m/
>>
>>The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without
>>secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight
>>terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my
>>six point plan:

> Before you go off half-cocked, Google Teddy Kennedy's Immigration Act of
> 1965.
>
> Wonder why you now have a problem with those little brown people? Blame the
> the drunken Democrat from Massachusetts.

Heh... If you look back for the past forty-five years, there were a lot
of "drunken Democrats." A lot of today's problems were birth during the
mid 1960's such as:

• The Great Society which has fostered dependence on guv'ment more than
ever. LBJ's attempt to fix his legacy

• Introducing the grand plan to remove most manufacturing from the US

• Affirmative Action - (Don't even get me started on this one)

• Dumbing down educational standards to accommodate sub standard students

• Gutting the military and continuing the Truman doctrine to not win any
wars

• And then that nasty immigraion bill/law that you mentioned

Anyone want to continue on all the damage Carter caused?

<grrrrr>

JT

Old October 27th 07, 11:32 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.energy.automobile
Grumpy AuContraire

Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute wrote:

> In message , Tegger sprach
> forth the following:
>

>>"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" > wrote in
:

>>>In message , Tegger sprach
>>>forth the following:

>>>Look at his website:
>>>
>>>http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/bo...igration-refor
>>>m/
>>>
>>>The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without
>>>secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight
>>>terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my
>>>six point plan:

>>Before you go off half-cocked, Google Teddy Kennedy's Immigration Act
>>of 1965.

> Been there done that.
>

>>Wonder why you now have a problem with those little brown people? Blame
>>the the drunken Democrat from Massachusetts.

> You're forgetting the 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA)? Alan
> Simpson? Romano Mazzoli? Ronald Reagan? Ring a bell?

Yes I do and it didn't work so why should we try it again?

JT

Old October 27th 07, 11:36 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.energy.automobile
Grumpy AuContraire

Michelle Steiner wrote:

> In article >,
> "dbu." > wrote:
>

>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodian_Campaign

>>Michelle was in Army intellegence, she would know would'nt she? I
>>would think. Maybe.....
>>
>>Sort of like John Kerry's trip up the Mekong, LOL.

> Were you duped by the Swiftboat Liars, or did you willingly believe
> their lies?

If you believe *anything* Kerry sez, you're dumber than you sound.

Kerry = Bucket of unwanted pig vomit

JT

Old October 28th 07, 04:12 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.energy.automobile
ACAR[_1_]

On Oct 26, 7:36 am, Tegger > wrote:
snip

> CONSUMER INSURANCE
> ------------------
> Many states have anti-discriminatory regulations that prevent insurance
> companies from performing the traditional actuarial assessments that
> were standard for over 200 years. This means they cannot charge
> according to perceived risk levels, so EVERYBODY's insurance goes up to
> compensate. This way they get around governmental and activist charges
> of "discrimination".

snip

Anyone with a sick child recognizes just how mean spirited it is to
allow health insurance costs be tied to a person's "risk." Yes,
everybody shares the cost. That's called a community.

If you think the current tangled web of federal and state insurance
regulations weren't put there by the insurance companies themselves
then you haven't been following this issue. Health insurance companies
aren't the solution, they are the problem.

If not for the war in Iraq out of control health care costs would
dominate the next general election.

Stick to cars, Tegger.

Old October 28th 07, 06:27 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.energy.automobile
Doctor Geller

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 22:36:34 GMT, Grumpy AuContraire
> wrote:

>Michelle Steiner wrote:

>>>Michelle was in Army intellegence, she would know would'nt she? I
>>>would think. Maybe.....
>>>
>>>Sort of like John Kerry's trip up the Mekong, LOL.

>> Were you duped by the Swiftboat Liars, or did you willingly believe
>> their lies?
>>

>If you believe *anything* Kerry sez, you're dumber than you sound.
>
>Kerry = Bucket of unwanted pig vomit
>
>JT

Kerry was a fool to go to Viet Nam and fight when he could have hidden
out in the Guard and gone AWOL like George Walker Bush.
Old October 28th 07, 02:52 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.energy.automobile
Grumpy AuContraire

Doctor Geller wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 03:32:09 GMT, Grumpy AuContraire
> > wrote:
>

>>dgk wrote:

>>>Planting more trees is a good idea and we're doing it in my
>>>neighborhood. But there is a limit to how many trees we can fit
>>>
>>> It looks like human activity is causing some global problems. That
>>>isn't really very surprising to me. We've dumped lots of stuff that
>>>never existed in nature back into nature. We've cut down most of the
>>>rain forests. We've pumped all kinds of stuff into the atmosphere.
>>>We've caused the extinction of countless species (yes, we could
>>>probably count them but I'm using the term to mean "a great many").
>>>
>>>And when it's pointed out that perhaps we'd better do something to
>>>protect the only planet we have and pass it on to future generations,
>>>we get all kinds of gruff. Well, fine, maybe we're wrong and there is
>>>no problem. Let's just continue what we're doing until it's too late.
>>>Maybe science will come up with a fix. Or maybe we'll all get wiped
>>>out or face a much more hostile environment.
>>>
>>>Really, why should it bother me anyway? I'll be dead. I guess I'll buy
>>>that hummer after all.
>>>

>>When it can be explained to me why adjacent planets are also warming up,
>>then I may admit that human contributions, (which by the way amount to
>>less than .5% of the increase in recent years), might be a factor.
>>
>>The loss of carbon conversion can largely be attributed to the
>>destruction of the tropical and other rainforests and in that way, yes,
>>we are a factor and one that could easily be reversed.
>>
>>But that does not 'plain the planetary warm up...
>>
>>JT

> ...and smoking builds healthy lungs and dumping poisons in the river
> makes our kids build strong bones...those crazy liberals are health
> fiends....

So, intelligent discourse is not one of your attributes, eh?

JT

Old October 29th 07, 05:47 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

> Doctor Geller wrote:

<snip>

>> ...and smoking builds healthy lungs and dumping poisons in the river
>> makes our kids build strong bones...those crazy liberals are health
>> fiends....

> So, intelligent discourse is not one of your attributes, eh?

I think someone's sarcasm detector needs to be returned to the factory
for retreading.