double camel back heads

Old August 13th 07, 02:29 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Carl K

Default double camel back heads

whoops, missed the S:

T0821S

Old August 13th 07, 02:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Carl K

http://pictures.personnelware.com/ga...geViewsIndex=1

make that T082IS

Old August 13th 07, 03:08 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

T - Tonawanda - definitely NOT a Corvette engine as they were all F - Flint.
082I - 08/21 Aug 21st assembly date. You need a date code off the
bellhousing flange behind the distributor to get the year.
S - automatic. These were the base 327 engines with an automatic in
passenger cars from 1962 to 1964.

As this is a Tonawanda block, the date code will be along this format - B 1
62, F 12 64, etc. The numbers may all run together without the spaces.

The head casting number will be among the rocker arms near one end.

http://i21.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/ae/7b/43bb_1.JPG

http://i12.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/ae/cf/78d2_1.JPG

The date code is usually below the casting number. If they are two digit
years (62, 63, etc. as opposed to one digit, they are Tonawanda castings
instead of Flint.) None of this will tell you if they are 1.94 or 2.02
valve size heads, however, most earlier ones were 1.94.

. ..

Old August 13th 07, 09:09 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lab~rat >:-)

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:32:55 -0500, Carl K >
puked:

>I hear the 327 I have came from a 'vette. I hear the heads are 'nice.' I put
>the thing in a 350 monza, but never got around to finishing that project.
>
>How special are the heads anyway?
>
>Carl K
>
>ps, please reply-all so that my email gets hit, otherwise I may forget to check
>back here.

I think the allure at the time was the 2.02 valves. I have a '68 327
in my '66 El Camino. (Was a 6 banger).

--
lab~rat >:-)
Stupid humans...
Old August 14th 07, 04:02 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Eugene Blanchard

http://www.mortec.com/

Works for me.

--