gross polluter

Old September 14th 05, 11:59 PM
JGBond

Default gross polluter

I need imformation on emssion control system on a93,3.3L Chrysler
twon&country van .How many sensors they are and how to replace them ?
thank you in advance Juan.

Old September 15th 05, 12:09 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, JGBond wrote:

> I need imformation on emssion control system on a93,3.3L Chrysler
> twon&country van .How many sensors they are and how to replace them ?

There are lots of sensors on a 1993 3.3. I can think of at least nine just
off the top of my head. You don't just "replace them" at random. Sounds
like your van probably needs diagnosis and repair, but you haven't given
enough info for anyone here to help you.
Old September 25th 05, 08:03 AM

If you replace them all, whether they need it or not, you still might
not remedy the problem at hand. It could also need a new catalytic
converter, even after you replace sensors that might not ALL need
replacing.

As mentioned, get a tech to use a CHRYSLER scanner (not an aftermarket
version as such) to pull the codes and see what's going on. If
something's that bad, it should have the "Check Engine" light
blazing--unless somebody took it out.

Don't rely on what an auto supply says their scanner says your vehicle
needs either. Some sensors might show "bad" when the code they are
supposed to have can be caused by another sensor not being good. Fix
the original one and the other codes might disappear. Just as in the
"old days", some things can interact to cause issues that make some good
things operate badly, so you need to know how these things relate to
each other.

Or, you can continue as desired and spend your money on your vehicle and
still not get it completely fixed. The dealership diag fees might sound
high, but it can be less expensive than the total cost of a bunch of
sensors that you didn't really need to replace.

Just some thoughts,

C-BODY