STATEMENT - FORD: "NO PLANS FOR EXPANDED MUSTANG LINE"

Old December 16th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Đavīd

Default STATEMENT - FORD: "NO PLANS FOR EXPANDED MUSTANG LINE"

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 15 - Ford Motor Company today made clear that
recent media speculation concerning an expanded Mustang line -
including a sedan and wagon model to be sold in global markets - is
not true. Mustang is an icon and will continue in its current form: a
unique, two-door, rear-wheel drive, 2+2 performance car.

At the 2007 North American International Auto Show, Ford will unveil
a four-door, rear-wheel-drive concept car. The concept, known as "The
Interceptor", is based on the Mustang's rear-wheel-drive architecture
but it is not a Mustang and no production plans have been announced.
Additional information on the Ford rear-drive concept will be
available December 31, 2006.

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/relea...?release=25050

Davīd
Greenville, NC

Old December 16th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Đavīd" > wrote in message
om...
> DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 15 - Ford Motor Company today made clear that recent
> media speculation concerning an expanded Mustang line - including a sedan
> and wagon model to be sold in global markets - is not true. Mustang is an
> icon and will continue in its current form: a unique, two-door, rear-wheel
> drive, 2+2 performance car.
>
> At the 2007 North American International Auto Show, Ford will unveil a
> four-door, rear-wheel-drive concept car. The concept, known as "The
> Interceptor", is based on the Mustang's rear-wheel-drive architecture but
> it is not a Mustang and no production plans have been announced.
> Additional information on the Ford rear-drive concept will be available
> December 31, 2006.
>
> http://media.ford.com/newsroom/relea...?release=25050
>
> Davīd
> Greenville, NC

"Mustang is an icon and will continue in its current form: a unique,
two-door, rear-wheel drive, 2+2 performance car." Ford reads this
newsgroups.

Now I'm curious to see this Interceptor...

dwight

Old December 16th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
DmitryKovtun

"dwight" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Đavīd" > wrote in message
> om...
>> DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 15 - Ford Motor Company today made clear that
>> recent media speculation concerning an expanded Mustang line - including
>> a sedan and wagon model to be sold in global markets - is not true.
>> Mustang is an icon and will continue in its current form: a unique,
>> two-door, rear-wheel drive, 2+2 performance car.
>>
>> At the 2007 North American International Auto Show, Ford will unveil a
>> four-door, rear-wheel-drive concept car. The concept, known as "The
>> Interceptor", is based on the Mustang's rear-wheel-drive architecture but
>> it is not a Mustang and no production plans have been announced.
>> Additional information on the Ford rear-drive concept will be available
>> December 31, 2006.
>>
>> http://media.ford.com/newsroom/relea...?release=25050
>>
>> Davīd
>> Greenville, NC

> "Mustang is an icon and will continue in its current form: a unique,
> two-door, rear-wheel drive, 2+2 performance car." Ford reads this
> newsgroups.
>
> Now I'm curious to see this Interceptor...
>
> dwight

The 5.0 was called police Interceptor,
then it went to the new ford cop car, has a lable on it too, Interceptor
now what?

Old December 16th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

dwight wrote:

> "Đavīd" > wrote in message
> om...
> > DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 15 - Ford Motor Company today made clear that recent
> > media speculation concerning an expanded Mustang line - including a sedan
> > and wagon model to be sold in global markets - is not true. Mustang is an
> > icon and will continue in its current form: a unique, two-door, rear-wheel
> > drive, 2+2 performance car.

> > At the 2007 North American International Auto Show, Ford will unveil a
> > four-door, rear-wheel-drive concept car. The concept, known as "The
> > Interceptor", is based on the Mustang's rear-wheel-drive architecture but
> > it is not a Mustang and no production plans have been announced.
> > Additional information on the Ford rear-drive concept will be available
> > December 31, 2006.

> > http://media.ford.com/newsroom/relea...?release=25050

> "Mustang is an icon and will continue in its current form: a unique,
> two-door, rear-wheel drive, 2+2 performance car." Ford reads this
> newsgroup.

Yep! A day after our thread was started Ford ditches their plans.
Next I say we demand low-cost, strippo version with a 5-liter and a
hatchback! Who's with me?

Patrick

Old December 16th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

dwight wrote:

> Now I'm curious to see this Interceptor...

You are not kidding! Another RWD V8-powered vehicle in Ford's
lineup... can things get much better?

Patrick

Old December 16th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
DmitryKovtun

> wrote in message
ups.com...
dwight wrote:

> "Đavīd" > wrote in message
> om...
> > DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 15 - Ford Motor Company today made clear that
> > recent
> > media speculation concerning an expanded Mustang line - including a
> > sedan
> > and wagon model to be sold in global markets - is not true. Mustang is
> > an
> > icon and will continue in its current form: a unique, two-door,
> > rear-wheel
> > drive, 2+2 performance car.

> > At the 2007 North American International Auto Show, Ford will unveil a
> > four-door, rear-wheel-drive concept car. The concept, known as "The
> > Interceptor", is based on the Mustang's rear-wheel-drive architecture
> > but
> > it is not a Mustang and no production plans have been announced.
> > Additional information on the Ford rear-drive concept will be available
> > December 31, 2006.

> > http://media.ford.com/newsroom/relea...?release=25050

> "Mustang is an icon and will continue in its current form: a unique,
> two-door, rear-wheel drive, 2+2 performance car." Ford reads this
> newsgroup.

Yep! A day after our thread was started Ford ditches their plans.
Next I say we demand low-cost, strippo version with a 5-liter and a
hatchback! Who's with me?

weight under 2,700 lbs, with a screw type blower, nice.......
Sign me up

Old December 18th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Hawk[_1_]

"dwight" > wrote:

> "Đavīd" > wrote:
>> DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 15 - Ford Motor Company today made clear that recent
>> media speculation concerning an expanded Mustang line - including a sedan and
>> wagon model to be sold in global markets - is not true. Mustang is an icon and
>> will continue in its current form: a unique, two-door, rear-wheel drive, 2+2
>> performance car.
>>
>> At the 2007 North American International Auto Show, Ford will unveil a
>> four-door, rear-wheel-drive concept car. The concept, known as "The
>> Interceptor", is based on the Mustang's rear-wheel-drive architecture but it is
>> not a Mustang and no production plans have been announced. Additional
>> information on the Ford rear-drive concept will be available December 31, 2006.
>>
>> http://media.ford.com/newsroom/relea...?release=25050
>>
>> Davīd
>> Greenville, NC

> "Mustang is an icon and will continue in its current form: a unique, two-door,
> rear-wheel drive, 2+2 performance car." Ford reads this newsgroups.
>
> Now I'm curious to see this Interceptor...
>
> dwight

You've probably already seen it....Mad Max drove it in the late 70's. :P

http://tinyurl.com/y7ucms

(*>