Conserve Energy

Old May 5th 06, 05:24 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default Conserve Energy

my, my, my,.....the things we use oil for:

gas, motor oil, grease, tranny fluid, gear lube, additives, plastic bottles,
plastic hoses, plastic fence, plastic credit cards,
and lets not forget what your driving on right now........BLACKTOP!

"miles" > wrote in message
> Matt Macchiarolo wrote:
> > True, but Exxon-Mobil increase profits in the 1st quarter 2006 by 6.3%

over
> > the same quarter last year, but increased production by 5%. If you plug

in
> > the numbers they had almost $103 million in profit more than their rate

of

Old May 5th 06, 05:26 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

oh yeah.and diesel fuel to haul your groceries to the supermarket for you to
go buy...........

. ..

Old May 10th 06, 04:58 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

We're going to run out of oil, and sooner than everyone thinks.
As the other poster noted, oil is used in the manufacture of
absolutely everything.
And there's nothing on the horizon that is a viable replacement, nor
anything even remotely approaching one.
"Humans can't take too much reality."--Jung

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...ong_emergency/

Old May 10th 06, 05:56 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

yeah..we'll run out right after we squeeze every drop of oil from all the
oil shale about 40 miles up the road from me. which should be in about
75-100 years. ofcourse it will be another 10 years before the gov will even
give us permission to mine it.

Old May 10th 06, 07:01 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

robs440 wrote, "yeah..we'll run out right after we squeeze every drop of
oil from all the oil shale about 40 miles up the road from me. which
should be in about 75-100 years. ofcourse it will be another 10 years
before the gov will even give us permission to mine it."
Why doesn't the gov't allow drilling for it now, versus "10 years"
from now?
Seems like it would be much easier and cheaper to process than the
stuff from more remote places (North Sea, etc).

Old May 11th 06, 03:21 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

you dont drill it, you drill a hole in the wall, blast it, scoop it up into
a dump truck and take it to a retort facility to squeeze out the oil from
the shale. underground mining..........