Most realistic physics?

Old April 18th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Most realistic physics?

Maybe you need to tell the roof-riding aids users that Larry, LOL.
Seriously though you obviously prefer Nascar (ovals only to boot) and the
only realistic option for Nascar simracing is still NR2003. On that point
we agree. Evolution/rFactor looks promising but has a ways to go. GTL
while an option still feels nearly exactly like GTR. LFS never really felt
very realistic and I havent tried the Netkar demo.

rFactor is king!

Mitch

Old April 18th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Mitch wrote:
> LFS never really felt
> very realistic and I havent tried the Netkar demo.

You really should try the Netkar Pro demo. The next GPL IMHO, really.

GTL and rFactor are good racing games, the AI in GTL is particularly
good, but NKPro is the real deal for just wanting to be on track even on
your own trying out different settings (I can't be arsed doing that with
rFactor or GTL - I need other cars to race with).

If rFactor seemed rough around the edges on release then NKPro initially
has had an even rougher start in life, but you know what they say about
diamonds in the rough...

Cheers
Tony
Old April 19th 06, 09:08 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Burns Rally! Yay!

Old April 19th 06, 09:09 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Try Forza for Xbox. Best one for console thus far. Although people just
drift in it now-a-days.

Old April 20th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>> Which modern driving sims have the most realistic physics overall? i.e.
>> not just designed for fun, but sticks to the real world as much as
>> possible?

> www.liveforspeed.net

It's not there yet, but with the next release, if the game lives up to
the hype at the web site, it should be good.

Old April 20th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

LFS is a drifting game. LOL

Old April 25th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

The top ones are (my personal order):

GTL
Richard Burns Rally
GTR
rFactor
Nascar Racing 2003

Old April 25th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>> www.liveforspeed.net
>
> It's not there yet, but with the next release, if the game lives up to
> the hype at the web site, it should be good.

Well I'd have to say the new Patch 0.5 T for S2 did live up to the hype.
The tire phsyics is greatly improved. I'm currently playing Tombraider
Legends, so I only ran a few laps in the new F1 and the LX6 (like a
Caterham), and the game is greatly improved. I just used the default
RACE setups, but it's definately in the ball park now with the other
popular sims now.

Old April 25th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Bob wrote:
> The top ones are (my personal order):
>
> GTL
> Richard Burns Rally
> GTR
> rFactor
> Nascar Racing 2003

GTL - toss this out it comes with Starfu#k
Richard Burns Rally - good rally sim
GTR - toss this out it comes with Starfu#k
rFactor - only good for the mods
Nascar Racing 2003 - dead

Congrats you missed the sim with the best physics to date - Live for
Speed.

Old April 25th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

The whole NR2003 is dead thing is really humerous.

It's as popular as ever. Leftover copies are going for $150-$300 on eBay.
Sierra is still very active. There are large numbers of leagues running it.

Bits and Bytes don't wear out. It has not been superceeded by ANY Nascar
Sim, and probably never will be.

Yet it's dead.

I can only wish I live as strongly in my old age.

-Larry

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Bob wrote:
>> The top ones are (my personal order):
>>
>> GTL
>> Richard Burns Rally
>> GTR
>> rFactor
>> Nascar Racing 2003

> GTL - toss this out it comes with Starfu#k
> Richard Burns Rally - good rally sim
> GTR - toss this out it comes with Starfu#k
> rFactor - only good for the mods
> Nascar Racing 2003 - dead
>
> Congrats you missed the sim with the best physics to date - Live for
> Speed.

AGEIA Launches First Dedicated Physics Processing Card rms Simulators 3 March 24th 06 12:15 AM
GN1970 physics... Jan Kohl Simulators 45 December 1st 05 02:28 AM
R*volume*raduis2 c3po "Theroy of everything" zetasum Chrysler 0 February 18th 05 09:16 PM
GTP High Framerates=neutered physics TY Simulators 6 January 26th 05 08:38 PM
Most realistic mod for F1 Challenge Jiyang Chen Simulators 0 January 3rd 05 06:54 PM