House overwhelmingly votes to put restrictions on Mexican truckson U.S. highways

Old May 16th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics.immigration,misc.immigration.usa
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default House overwhelmingly votes to put restrictions on Mexican truckson U.S. highways

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...cantrucks.html

By Jesse J. Holland
ASSOCIATED PRESS 1:48 p.m. May 15, 2007

WASHINGTON – The House voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to delay a Bush
administration plan to allow Mexican trucks full access to U.S. highways.

The trucks would have to be declared safe first, the lawmakers said, and
Mexico would have to give U.S. truckers the same access south of the border.

The House voted 411-3 to approve a three-year Department of
Transportation pilot program that would restrict opening the border to
100 carriers based in Mexico. They would be allowed to use a maximum of
1,000 vehicles under the pilot program.

Lawmakers said their major concern is whether Mexican trucks, often
older than U.S. cargo vehicles, and Mexican drivers will be able to meet
rigorous U.S. safety standards.

“We do not need 90,000-pound unguided missiles on our highways,” said
Rep. Robin Hayes, R-N.C.

American trucking companies have spent years getting their vehicles up
to the Transportation Department standards, lawmakers said. Letting
Mexican trucks across the border without making them meet those
standards is wrong, they said.

(snip)

----------------

I say keep ALL beaner trucks off our highways. All mexicans are drunk
drivers. Case closed.
Old May 16th 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics.immigration,misc.immigration.usa
johnny@.

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...cantrucks.html
>
> By Jesse J. Holland
> ASSOCIATED PRESS 1:48 p.m. May 15, 2007
>
> WASHINGTON – The House voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to delay a Bush
> administration plan to allow Mexican trucks full access to U.S. highways.
>
> The trucks would have to be declared safe first, the lawmakers said, and
> Mexico would have to give U.S. truckers the same access south of the
> border.
>
> The House voted 411-3 to approve a three-year Department of
> Transportation pilot program that would restrict opening the border to
> 100 carriers based in Mexico. They would be allowed to use a maximum of
> 1,000 vehicles under the pilot program.

That doesn't sound like it is worded right to me. Bush wanted a one
year pilot program, and the House Approved a three year pilot program?

--
Tom Tancredo for President in 2008
For a Secure America
Old May 16th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics.immigration,misc.immigration.usa
Ramon F Herrera[_2_]

On May 15, 9:47 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> [...]

> > 1,000 vehicles under the pilot program.

> That doesn't sound like it is worded right to me. Bush wanted a one
> year pilot program, and the House Approved a three year pilot program?
>

> > Lawmakers said their major concern is whether Mexican trucks, often
> > older than U.S. cargo vehicles, and Mexican drivers will be able to meet
> > rigorous U.S. safety standards.

> > "We do not need 90,000-pound unguided missiles on our highways," said
> > Rep. Robin Hayes, R-N.C.

> > American trucking companies have spent years getting their vehicles up
> > to the Transportation Department standards, lawmakers said. Letting
> > Mexican trucks across the border without making them meet those
> > standards is wrong, they said.

> > (snip)

> > ----------------

> > I say keep ALL beaner trucks off our highways. All mexicans are drunk

I hate to rain on your party (oh, nobody would believe that, I
actually love it!) but this is a very common negotiation. The first
line says that the House wants to *delay* the plan. The mexican trucks
will have to be inspected and Mexico should grant equivalent access.
Typical quid-pro-quo, something that a declared drunk as yourself
wouldn't understand.

Next, the Usenet biggest Drunk Driver wrote: "case closed", when she
obviously doesn't understand how our congress works. A humble
Venezuelan has to come to teach you about he US system of powers.
Shame on you, drunk!: It remains to be decided what the Senate has to
say.

-Ramon

Old May 16th 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics.immigration,misc.immigration.usa
B. Peg

> "Ramon F Herrera" wrote:
> I hate to rain on your party (oh, nobody would believe that, I
> actually love it!) but this is a very common negotiation. The first
> line says that the House wants to *delay* the plan. The Mexican trucks
> will have to be inspected and Mexico should grant equivalent access.
> Typical quid-pro-quo, something that a declared drunk as yourself
> wouldn't understand.
>
> Next, the Usenet biggest Drunk Driver wrote: "case closed", when she
> obviously doesn't understand how our congress works. A humble
> Venezuelan has to come to teach you about he US system of powers.
> Shame on you, drunk!: It remains to be decided what the Senate has to
> say.

True. Still an interesting read though.

I'm wondering if this whole NAFTA thing is the reason the dollar is falling
so quick against the Euro. The U.S. doesn't produce that much anymore. I
can't think offhand what some states even produce at all, like No. and So.
Dakota? What sort of trade imbalance is facing the U.S? Seems we are
importing more than we export. China gets very little of our goods, but we
get a lot of theirs.

Almost like the peso has moved farther north, along with a corrupt
government no longer protecting the sovereignty of the U.S. Surely, the
labor unions are feeling the pain as fewer jobs remain in the U.S. Wages
are going to have to suffer to compete with the rising second and third
world countries.

Around here, seems the only business is house building along with
Starbuck's. A nice way to increase the tax base. Who is going to live in
these houses with a falling number of non-government wage-based jobs? We
have whole blocks of new houses (overpriced) and no one living in them.
Realtors are also seeing an increase in the number of families buying what
was a single family dwelling. Co-worker has 13 people living in a two
bedroom home next to her. All toys are outside as they have no room inside.
Police towed one vehicle left on the street for 48 hours.

People also complain, along with the Air Resources Board, of too much smog
and poor road infrastructure - yet no moratorium on building.

To add poor the emission standards of Mexico's trucks at the expense of
mandating more stringent controls on the U.S. truckers seems too ludicrous
to believe.

Fall of the Roman Empire?

/rant

B~

Old May 16th 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics.immigration,misc.immigration.usa
Steely from Yokohama

On Wed, 16 May 2007 02:47:20 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS > wrote:

>http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...cantrucks.html
>
>By Jesse J. Holland
>ASSOCIATED PRESS 1:48 p.m. May 15, 2007
>
>WASHINGTON – The House voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to delay a Bush
>administration plan to allow Mexican trucks full access to U.S. highways.
>
>The trucks would have to be declared safe first, the lawmakers said, and
>Mexico would have to give U.S. truckers the same access south of the border.
>
>The House voted 411-3 to approve a three-year Department of
>Transportation pilot program that would restrict opening the border to
>100 carriers based in Mexico. They would be allowed to use a maximum of
>1,000 vehicles under the pilot program.
>
>Lawmakers said their major concern is whether Mexican trucks, often
>older than U.S. cargo vehicles, and Mexican drivers will be able to meet
>rigorous U.S. safety standards.
>
>“We do not need 90,000-pound unguided missiles on our highways,” said
>Rep. Robin Hayes, R-N.C.
>
>American trucking companies have spent years getting their vehicles up
>to the Transportation Department standards, lawmakers said. Letting
>Mexican trucks across the border without making them meet those
>standards is wrong, they said.
>
>(snip)
>
>----------------
>
>I say keep ALL beaner trucks off our highways. All mexicans are drunk
>drivers. Case closed.

Amen brothah.

There should be no thousand trucks in a pilot program, there should be
no program at all.
Old May 16th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics.immigration,misc.immigration.usa
Jim C.

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message link.net...

> http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...cantrucks.html
>
> By Jesse J. Holland
> ASSOCIATED PRESS 1:48 p.m. May 15, 2007
>
> WASHINGTON – The House voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to delay a Bush
> administration plan to allow Mexican trucks full access to U.S. highways.
>
> The trucks would have to be declared safe first, the lawmakers said, and
> Mexico would have to give U.S. truckers the same access south of the
> border.
>
> The House voted 411-3 to approve a three-year Department of Transportation
> pilot program that would restrict opening the border to 100 carriers based
> in Mexico. They would be allowed to use a maximum of 1,000 vehicles under
> the pilot program.
>
> Lawmakers said their major concern is whether Mexican trucks, often older
> than U.S. cargo vehicles, and Mexican drivers will be able to meet
> rigorous U.S. safety standards.
>
> “We do not need 90,000-pound unguided missiles on our highways,” said Rep.
> Robin Hayes, R-N.C.
>
> American trucking companies have spent years getting their vehicles up to
> the Transportation Department standards, lawmakers said. Letting Mexican
> trucks across the border without making them meet those standards is
> wrong, they said.

Good for them !
About time our elected representatives start doing something for our benefit
instead of big business.

Old May 16th 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics.immigration,misc.immigration.usa
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, B. Peg wrote:

> I'm wondering if this whole NAFTA thing is the reason the dollar is falling
> so quick against the Euro.

The dollar is failing mostly because the US government is borrowing and the fed
is creating more dollars at an incredible rate. This is due mostly to military
operations in the middle east.

Throw the trade deficits on top of that and well, that's why the dollar is
where it is.

> Almost like the peso has moved farther north, along with a corrupt
> government no longer protecting the sovereignty of the U.S.

Yep.

> Who is going to live in
> these houses with a falling number of non-government wage-based jobs?

People who work for the government. Police, prison guards, buracrats, homeland
security, etc. That's the growing 'industry' watching, tracking, herding,
imprisoning, etc.

> People also complain, along with the Air Resources Board, of too much smog
> and poor road infrastructure - yet no moratorium on building.

Our roads and infastructure are being sold off in the form of 99 year leases to
foreign corporations.

> Fall of the Roman Empire?

Yep.

But at least the roman coins were made of silver and still worth something.

Old May 16th 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics.immigration,misc.immigration.usa
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Jim C. wrote:

> The elite business class has been trying to wipe out the middle class for
> years.

Correct.

> Since shrub was elected it's getting it's way in the form of lower
> wage illegals and offshoreing jobs.

Those have simply been continuing and ramping up policies that date from the
Clintons and before. It's not that shrub isn't guilty, just the latest in a
long line.

> Soon
> it will be rich, and the poor, nothing in between if they have their way.

Mexico is coming to us.

> Problem is that sooner or later the American people, and I mean all ethnic
> groups not in the upper class will raise up and the preverbal **** will hit
> the fan

The people need to wake up before it happens. If the people wake up after, we
will already be disarmed and most people believing some sort of illusion or
other false story. Perhaps a false flag operation so the government will have a
boogieman to point to. If people wake up first, then when it does happen, they
will know who to blame and will have retained the ability to fight back.

Iraq has shown what an armed population can do even the best military.

Old May 16th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics.immigration,misc.immigration.usa
Scott O. Kuznicki

MURDERERS > wrote:

> “We do not need 90,000-pound unguided missiles on our highways,” said
> Rep. Robin Hayes, R-N.C.

My only thought was "Well, does that mean that *guided* missiles would
be OK?"

--
Scott O. Kuznicki, P.E.
Civil (Traffic) Engineer
Old May 16th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.politics.immigration,misc.immigration.usa

Steely from Yokohama wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2007 02:47:20 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
> MURDERERS > wrote:

>> I say keep ALL beaner trucks off our highways. All mexicans are drunk
>> drivers. Case closed.

> Amen brothah.
>
> There should be no thousand trucks in a pilot program, there should be
> no program at all.

I agree but the mexican trucks are coming. Congress is as bought off on
this issue as Bush is. None of our leaders give a damn about highway
safety. It's all about how much money they get for their vote.