Losing Newsgroup Access

Old October 4th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Funkie

Default Losing Newsgroup Access

What do you guys use, preferably free? Comcast is getting rid of giganews service. They are basically saying it is outdated and not worth providing the service.

--
Funkie Dan Medina
Old October 5th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Funkie wrote:
> What do you guys use, preferably free? Comcast is getting rid of
> giganews service. They are basically saying it is outdated and not worth
> providing the service.
>
> --
> Funkie Dan Medina

http://news.individual.net/index.php

It's like $10 a year, works like a crowbar. Very reliable that is No
attachments, no binary groups, just text.

I have been using them for years, they used to be called something
else... it's the university of berlin, germany.

Old October 5th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
diane whatever

"NotMe" > wrote in message

> news.motzarella.org need to register but it's free. very limited binanary
> ng.
>

> "Funkie" > wrote in message
> What do you guys use, preferably free? Comcast is getting rid of giganews
> service. They are basically saying it is outdated and not worth providing
> the service.
>
> --
> Funkie Dan Medina

I know someone that is using Google for newsgroups since Comcast stopped ..
Is that the same company that wants to charge for usage too? I heard
something about them charging if you go over a certain amount of email ..

Diane

Old October 5th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Funkie

I am with comcast. Years ago they outsourced usenet access and used
giganews. Now they are dropping that too. They said you are welcome to
continue using giganews but I would have to pay. Their plans are $7-$10 a
month.

--
DAN MEDINA

Old October 5th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Funkie

Thanks.
I am using it now.

--
DAN MEDINA

Old October 7th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

Funkie wrote:
> What do you guys use, preferably free? Comcast is getting rid of
> giganews service. They are basically saying it is outdated and not worth
> providing the service.

I'm considering dumping Comcast and going back to DSL for this and the
bandwidth restrictions they now have too.

Which newsgroup is the official Jeep newsgroup Anthony T Jeep 8 June 21st 07 07:32 PM
A4 Seatback Access? (attempting to access power lumbar assembly) Jameson Fernandez Castillo-Saguarez Audi 0 December 11th 06 02:13 AM
M5 LOSING POWER RMW BMW 2 March 5th 06 03:13 PM
I'm Losing My Mind Help Disney Dreamer BMW 7 March 21st 05 09:36 AM
Losing a lot of gas... Son of Sam Technology 2 February 7th 05 10:45 PM