rFactor Goodies Coming Fast Now

Old May 3rd 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default rFactor Goodies Coming Fast Now

"Darus" > wrote in message
oups.com...
| "I don't believe Alan is a troll..."
|
| Sorry, I was referring to "muffled titter" as the troll, when I used
| portion of his statement in my reply.

That nickname is an odd one, kind of troll-like.

The whole deal is that oftentimes when someone voices an opinion contrary to
what's been accepted, that person is called a troll or a spammer. RSC is
about to ban me for doing just such a thing. I haven't been banned from
entering New York City, so I'm not that much concerned about it.

I think in a month we'll know whether NKP is a serious undertaking or quick
cash-cow. I hope to be proven wrong. Until that time, I'll stick with
rFactor, for the most part. This Megane Trophy mod is quite nice. And the
good thing about rFactor is that if you had to guess, you wouldn't be able
to tell whether you were playing the game online or offline.

rFactor has a lot to offer, with solid physics and excellent multiplayer.

Alanb

Old May 3rd 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Alan Bernardo"
RSC is about to ban me for doing just such a thing. I
> haven't been banned from entering New York City, so I'm not that much
> concerned about it.
>
> I think in a month we'll know whether NKP is a serious undertaking or
> quick cash-cow. I hope to be proven wrong. Until that time, I'll
> stick with rFactor, for the most part. This Megane Trophy mod is
> quite nice. And the good thing about rFactor is that if you had to
> guess, you wouldn't be able to tell whether you were playing the game
> online or offline.

Who one would WANT to enter NYC is a mystery to me!

> rFactor has a lot to offer, with solid physics and excellent
> multiplayer.
>
> Alanb

Agreed, takes a good server, but the results are very worthwhile.
I don't looke at NKP as a quick cash cow. The guy has been slaving away on
this for years. That ain't what I'd call quick. Yes I've read all about
the problems and shortcomings. When you read how much thought they put
into the sound alone, and the tire debates, you know it has potential.
I'd like to see the Racer guys and the NKP guys team up and produce
something that would have lots of private user support with some really
SMART users filling in the blanks. Those two communities have a great deal
of knowledge to offer.

dave henrie