Best simulator for skid counter-steering?

Old April 20th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Best simulator for skid counter-steering?

The original driver was quite good, even though it was missing in-car view.

-Larry

"Kasey Chang (remove EATSPAM to reply)" > wrote
in message . com...

Old April 20th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Need for Speed games are ALL ARACADE! I hate Porsche Unleashed. Its so
unrealistic.

Old April 21st 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I always felt I was driving in a Bugs Bunny cartoon with that one.
Everything looked so.... Cartoonish.

I expected the drivers arms to have grey furn on them.

-Larry

Old April 21st 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> Need for Speed games are ALL ARACADE! I hate Porsche Unleashed. Its so unrealistic.

Actaully NFS2SE in simulation mode wasn't bad for a game back in 1998.

Porsche Unleashed just has too much grip, the 1995 911 turbo pulls
about 3g's in turns regardless of speed, since downforce doesn't
affect grip, it only keeps the car on the road over crests.

Old April 22nd 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

LOL. once you "drift" in that game you just come to a normal stop soon
enough.. The engine somehow doesn't provide enough power to the wheels
to keep them spinning while your countersteering and stuff. Sad game indeed.

Old April 25th 06, 07:49 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Thanks for all the tips. I purchased 3 games - Richard Burns Rally, GT
Legends, and rFactor.

Richard Burns Rally is especially perfect for what I was looking for.

Old April 26th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Grand Prix Legends!

BK

. com...

Old April 27th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>"Bruce Kennewell" > wrote
> Grand Prix Legends!

Have you tried RBR, Bruce? It's a much better experience in skid
counter-steering I have to say. Scandanavian flicks always have seem a
little fake in GPL, perhaps in the nature of those beasts, but in RBR there
is a natural feeling never experienced before in a sim...

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

91 Golf Needs Adjustable Left Tie Rod you are nuts VW water cooled 7 December 21st 05 07:30 PM
528i vs 530i vs 540i USA Versions FSJ BMW 37 January 16th 05 06:38 PM
Noisey VUE Scout Saturn 5 January 16th 05 12:59 AM
Cracked Steering Damper Assembly- Be careful Jason 4x4 2 May 19th 04 12:42 PM