Likely the alternator?

Old September 18th 10, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ron & Maggie[_2_]

Default Likely the alternator?

Anthony Giorgianni wrote:
> Thanks everybody for the advice.
>
> I decided to go ahead and replace the battery, since it was so old
> anyway. (Had to wait because the battery tray was rusted and I had to
> paint it and wait for it to dry. I wash the engine time I wash the
> car, which seems to take it's toll on the battery tray.)
>
> I just put the battery in and drove a few blocks. Voltmeter is nice
> and steady and about where it always is.
>
> So my 92 is up and running great.
>
> Now I can shampoo the interior, finish waxing the outside and some
> selective underside painting just to keep everything new and fresh,
> and I'll be set for winter!
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Anthony Giorgianni.
>
> Sep 16, 8:48 pm, Ron & Maggie > wrote:
>> PeterD wrote:
>>> On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:23:20 GMT, "Al Williams"
>>> Or it (the truck) has a parisitic draw that is too high...

>> Replace the dead battery and do not pull anything off when the engine is
>> running or you will have to replace more than just an old battery.
>>
>> ron

Add a beer or two just to make it worthwhile good luck.

Ron
Old September 19th 10, 02:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

This is a really good way to spike the electronics in the vehicle... insert
the sound of rolling dice here... was that six shots or five - how lucky do
ya feel punk?

I hope I never have to ride in your ****ing POS bus.

"Airport Shuttle" > wrote in
message ...

Alternator Q Mike Lenker Ford Mustang 0 August 9th 08 09:02 PM
Alternator Andrusbk Chrysler 1 April 14th 06 01:38 AM
Honda Accord LX alternator intermittent - ECU or Alternator? [email protected] Honda 6 December 11th 05 12:42 AM
Alternator Frank Berger Mazda 17 November 30th 05 08:36 PM
95 YJ alternator...again Old Crow Jeep 22 January 19th 05 09:59 AM