Where Did Everyone Go?

Old February 19th 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default Where Did Everyone Go?

> I'm sure it has to do with the growing number of sights with fourms *I
> belong to half a dozen or so *and keeping up is not something everyone
> has time for.

It's SITES, not sights.

But the one thing that really irritates me about you is what you did
to Joan. You need to give Joan her money back. I saw the pictures of
that half-baked "restoration" you did, and the bottom line is you
ripped that lady off. She never even got to drive the thing, it was
never finished. And you held the car hostage, overcharged her by an
order of magnitude, and never delivered the services.

Be a man. Give Joan Her Money Back.

Chris

Old February 20th 09, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Funkie

I'm working on a Porsche 924 right now, but I still read the group. You're
right its been slower and slower each month.

-- Funkie

Old February 20th 09, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Funkie

I still have and support "ramva.org". That's a bit of promotion.

Occasionally I get asked how to connect to this newsgroup. I reply and do
what I can to support the community.

--
DAN MEDINA
On Feb 18, 9:25?am, wrote:
> ? I ask that because it seems there are not very many posts to this
> newsgroup anymore.
>
> ? Is there a better aircooled vw newsgroup featuring Type I's?
> TIA

I'm sure it has to do with the growing number of sights with fourms I
belong to half a dozen or so and keeping up is not something everyone
has time for.

The other thing is winter and economy.

Is there any promoting of the Ramva? Sorry I tried but the people keep
being attacked.

And if it is the drama over me all I can say again is stop creating it
with the lies. I help with info and much more in other fourms with out
all the drama. So learn to play nice.

Old February 20th 09, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Funkie wrote:
> I'm working on a Porsche 924 right now, but I still read the group. You're
> right its been slower and slower each month.
>
> -- Funkie

Hey Funkie, I'm a Porsche mechanic these days They pay ME to wrench
on them
Old February 20th 09, 01:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Funkie

Congratulations on the new job. Sounds like fun work and you get to do it in
the sunshine state which is even better. Eventually I'll graduate to a 912
or 911. I figured I would start out with something cheap and water-cooled.
This car is made up of VW and Audi parts anyway.

-- Funkie

Old February 20th 09, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Feb 19, 8:43*pm, Jan Andersson >
wrote:

> Hey Funkie, I'm a Porsche mechanic these days They pay ME to wrench
> on them

Neighbor and friend has an 84 turbo carrera.
Won't let me near it.
Just before he moved here from CA he sold a 56 speedster.
He just rebuilt some kind of porsche engine. Did a little hot rodding
on it.
Trying to figure out if it will fit in a bug.

Randy
Old February 21st 09, 04:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
KWW[_2_]

Funkie wrote:
> I still have and support "ramva.org". That's a bit of promotion.
>
> Occasionally I get asked how to connect to this newsgroup. I reply and do
> what I can to support the community.

I still occasionally pop in to RAMVA. Problem has been that my previous
ISP changed newsgroup server specs a few times, and work banned anything
but Lotus Bloats .... but I finally have a new stable, non-Time-W ISP
and rebuilt my PC, so hopefully I will see lots more of y'all.
KWW
65 Beetle - Inside Out Cow
64 Beetle
Old February 23rd 09, 08:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Feb 18, 5:23*pm, Jan Andersson >
wrote:
> Andy wrote:
> > Amen brother.

> > "Shag" > wrote in message
> >> I blame it on mario.

> Actually... he only replies when called...... don't feed the fire..

Didn't you accept donated parts from Mario recently? I would say
that's a sign of encouragement for the douche bag to keep showing up,
even though the donation was likely stolen parts, given Mario's
widespread reputation as a conniving, dishonest son of a bitch.
Old February 25th 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
timmyboy

On Feb 21, 10:26*am, KWW > wrote:
> Funkie wrote:
> > I still have and support "ramva.org". That's a bit of promotion.

> > Occasionally I get asked how to connect to this newsgroup. I reply and do
> > what I can to support the community.

> I still occasionally pop in to RAMVA. *Problem has been that my previous
> ISP changed newsgroup server specs a few times, and work banned anything
> but Lotus Bloats .... but I finally have a new stable, non-Time-W ISP
> and rebuilt my PC, so hopefully I will see lots more of y'all.
> KWW
> 65 Beetle - Inside Out Cow
> 64 Beetle

I, too, still lurk from time to time. I have the Time-W service, so I
use google groups. Man, the group activity now is nothing like it used
to be 9 years ago! I'm not complaining- it was too hard to keep up
back then.

Tim