Brasilian Carburator 34 pict-3 equivalent

Old October 7th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Macsoft

Default Brasilian Carburator 34 pict-3 equivalent

What do you think of those? I got an original 34 pict-3 on my '70 1300
bug, but its completely busted...
Guys on the store say the brasilian model works well, and its way
cheaper (140 euros ~ 140 dollars). They sell the german original too,
and I trust theirjudgement, but what say you?

Thanks!

MM

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo

Old October 18th 07, 11:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
luftgekuhlten

> What do you think of those? I got an original 34 pict-3 on my '70 1300
> bug, but its completely busted...
> Guys on the store say the brasilian model works well, and its way
> cheaper (140 euros ~ 140 dollars). They sell the german original too,
> and I trust theirjudgement, but what say you?

My experience has been that Bocar 34 series carbs are more sensitive
to temperature differences than the Solex model. Possibly do to
the alloy used in the carb body. Granted, a carburator for the Latin
and South American market generally does not have to worry about the
temperature differences of the more northern latitudes.

If you go with a Bocar save yourself some early maintenance and
dismantle and clean it out before use.