suggestion to improve driver seat lumbar support 2001 crv

Old March 11th 07, 08:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default suggestion to improve driver seat lumbar support 2001 crv

hello,
I started driving a 2001 crv (i'm 6 feet tall) and I've noticed the
seat is not the greatest.
Little to no lumbar support (anything over 20 minutes driving gets on
your nerves).

I also have a bmw 525i and those seats are amazing! Excellent support
all around.

I'm thinking of either getting a lumbar pillow or getting better seats
in the honda. But what seats can I change these with? I've heard the
honda minivans have really good front seats, can these fit in the crv?

Or what about after-market seats? Recaro is expensive but I may find
a good used set.

Basically, I need to improve the front seats (especially driver)
urgently!

Thanks,

Oskar

Old March 11th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

wrote:
> hello,
> I started driving a 2001 crv (i'm 6 feet tall) and I've noticed the
> seat is not the greatest.
> Little to no lumbar support (anything over 20 minutes driving gets on
> your nerves).
>
> I also have a bmw 525i and those seats are amazing! Excellent support
> all around.
>
> I'm thinking of either getting a lumbar pillow or getting better seats
> in the honda. But what seats can I change these with? I've heard the
> honda minivans have really good front seats, can these fit in the crv?
>
> Or what about after-market seats? Recaro is expensive but I may find
> a good used set.
>
> Basically, I need to improve the front seats (especially driver)
> urgently!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Oskar

=================================

Sign in and SEARCH at
www.odyclub.com

Many have altered the foam by removing some. Some at www.hondasuv.com
may have done it to their CR-V's as well. Start by searching the
archives http://www.hondasuv.com/members/archive/index.php

The 2001 seat has poor lumbar support and it doesn't tilt as far forward
as I'd like. I use a pillow as an arch support presently. I wish I could
go 3 or 4 degrees more upright too. Same on '00 and '97 :-(

'Curly'

suggestion for making 2002 525i sport seat more comfortable [email protected] BMW 2 January 9th 07 06:44 PM
wanted to buy 2001 S4 driver side seat. kc Audi 0 June 8th 06 04:19 PM
Lumbar Support Mike Audi 0 February 26th 06 04:07 PM
How to replace the seat back latch on a 2001 Mustang V6 seat? Krishna Ford Mustang 1 February 25th 05 03:35 AM
156 driver's seat - lumbar adjust broken?? fmt Alfa Romeo 1 October 13th 04 02:08 PM