Good News

Old November 8th 05, 04:20 AM
Miata02-Yellow

Default Good News

Hi ,

Good news. Tonight Mom and I walked all the way around the block.
First time for Mom in ages. She took her walking stick and she
only stopped twice go catch her breath. We took a nice leisurely pace.
We also just ordered Dr Weil's new book on healthy aging .

Love ya,
Dad

PS I had the Puch out this weekend and put another 40+ miles
on the odometer.
Old November 9th 05, 01:37 AM
Leon van Dommelen

Miata02-Yellow > wrote:

>Hi ,
>
>Good news. Tonight Mom and I walked all the way around the block.
>First time for Mom in ages. She took her walking stick and she
>only stopped twice go catch her breath. We took a nice leisurely pace.
>We also just ordered Dr Weil's new book on healthy aging .
>
>Love ya,
>Dad
>
>PS I had the Puch out this weekend and put another 40+ miles
>on the odometer.

Dump the moped and drive your Miata!

Leon
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old November 9th 05, 02:24 AM
Miata02-Yellow

Default Puch vs Miata

Hi Leon,

I'm surprised anyone even noticed my reference to the Puch.
Sorry but it is not a Moped. It is an original 1967
Sears/Allstate/Puch 250 cc Twingle (twin cylinders with
one compression chamber). It was a true barn find
with no miles on it. Never assembled from the crate.
Original owner bought two bikes and assembled one and
then proceeded to wreck it and himself. He never
got to assemble the second bike. They were imported
from Austria in the '60s by Sears. When I
found it I cleaned it and lubricated everything and
it started on the third kick. Have only logged 350 original
miles on it so far still in the breakin mode.
Don't ride it much. Spend most time driving
my 3rd Miata a 2002 Vivid. Just finished weekend driving Deal's Gap.

Denny

2002 Miata - VIVID daily driver
1992 Miata - Sunburst Yellow - Given to 10 yr old grandson
1989 Miata - Blue - Totaled exiting parking lot
1971 Datsun 240Z - Sold
1967 Sears/Allstate/Puch 250 cc Twingle
1964 Avanti - Sold - Museum
1959 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite ground up restored - Sold
1927 Model T - Frame off full restoration - Sold
Old November 9th 05, 04:09 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
Miata02-Yellow > wrote:

> It is an original 1967
> Sears/Allstate/Puch 250 cc Twingle (twin cylinders with
> one compression chamber).

Oh, my. Every 11-year-old boy with a Sears catalog fantasized over those
bikes. Nice find, Denny.

The wonks on Antiques Rodshow would doubtless tell you it was worth more
unassembled in the crate. What do soulless Philistines know?

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old November 9th 05, 11:22 PM
Miata02-Yellow

Hi Lanny,

Well I was 25 when I bought my first '67 PUCH
from the Sears catalog store in Peru, Indiana
while stationed at Bunker Hill AFB (later Grissom AFB)
and flying the B-58 Hustler. Couldn't leave it in the
crate. That's no fun. Got to ride or drive your wheels
and enjoy life.

Denny

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >,
> Miata02-Yellow > wrote:
>

>>It is an original 1967
>>Sears/Allstate/Puch 250 cc Twingle (twin cylinders with
>>one compression chamber).

> Oh, my. Every 11-year-old boy with a Sears catalog fantasized over those
> bikes. Nice find, Denny.
>
> The wonks on Antiques Rodshow would doubtless tell you it was worth more
> unassembled in the crate. What do soulless Philistines know?

HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS! [email protected] Technology 2 January 28th 05 04:44 PM
HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS! [email protected] VW water cooled 1 January 27th 05 01:42 PM
cooling site tim VW air cooled 13 January 27th 05 05:33 AM
HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS! [email protected] VW water cooled 0 January 26th 05 04:37 AM
Have you heard the GOOD NEWS? [email protected] Technology 0 January 24th 05 05:06 AM